Yaya Toure

ive just looked at the OS at fixtures and according to that he has only been booked in one game, dont know how accurate that is<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am --<br /><br />he will be off to africa soon, so people will see then how much we will miss him

The official fantasy football site says only 1 yellow card too. can someone please clarify? Don't wanna be bricking it over nothing

He's been no different to how he played in both of his other seasons with us. When we first signed him i thought 'i can clearly see why Busquets replaced him and Barca got rid, he's poor'. I think i said a few times that he was the fattest player in the Prem. Then in December we played West Ham away and he was mint. From then on he just got better and better as the season went on. By the end of the season he looked like he was the fittest player in the Prem.

Last season he was similar. He did have the odd good game but in our big wins away at Spurs and United he was the least influential and least hard working player of the lot. These topics cropped up a fair bit and people said he needed resting because he looked knackered. I said he was the fattest player in the Prem again. Then in December we played Norwich at home and he was mint. From then on he just got better and better as the season went on. By the end of the season he looked like he was the fittest player in the Prem.

This season........

Yaya clearly isn't a typical physical specimen you usually get at top level football. Not all humans are physically made up the same. He's an athlete whose body responds differently to what a normal footballer's bodies responds to pre-season training and the first part of the season's games. Come February-March-April-May he's a total destroyer but maybe he needs all these games and minutes now to get himself to that level come the last four months of the season.

may be he has 3 bookings in champions league as well, but they dont count in premier league, really dont want him to be out of the team if garcia is the only option at the moment

Anyone think he should be rested for the everton game in hope that he will be fresh for the derby?

Churchill123 said:
Anyone think he should be rested for the everton game in hope that he will be fresh for the derby?

Nah, if he doesn't play in the dortmund game (I'd hope to fuck he doesn't but you never know with Mancini) he'll have a full week to rest for the derby

bookiesgirl said:
ive just looked at the OS at fixtures and according to that he has only been booked in one game, dont know how accurate that is

-- Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am --

he will be off to africa soon, so people will see then how much we will miss him

Last year we felt his absence because his 1st game away was the cup tie against united and then he missed the cc semis. hopefully we'll get a kinder fa cup draw.

In the league we only dropped 3 points during his absence, the defeat at everton. consdering that we lost the final game he played at sunderland before going off to the acn, who's to say that the result at goodison would have been different.

our league fixtures during the acn aren't that bad, arsenal away looking the most tricky

we will miss him but shouldnt get too hung up about his absence

The Fat el Hombre said:
Churchill123 said:

Nah, if he doesn't play in the dortmund game (I'd hope to fuck he doesn't but you never know with Mancini) he'll have a full week to rest for the derby

Agreed.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The official fantasy football site says only 1 yellow card too. can someone please clarify? Don't wanna be bricking it over nothing

Just looked in the Villa home programme and up until that game he had bookings against Borussia,WBA and Ajax.
So thats only 1 booking for the PL but how did he fair in the other games,Villa,Chelsea and Wigan ??

tonea2003 said:
the bottom line when fit

hart, kompany, yaya, silva and aguero

the spine

the rest fit around them

This

These are our 5 world class players and would be nailed on for any team in this country and most teams in Europe.
When they dont hit the levels we know they can, it is frustrating but they still need to be in the team. Do you think the Everton drssing room would be pleased if any of these are not on the team sheet on Saturday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.