Yaya Toure

Yaya is a victim of his own success. For him to play well people think that he needs to be bursting forward every 5 minutes. Actually, he receives more passes than any other player in the team and rarely gives the ball away.

It's funny how Barry (being a more limited player) gets so much praise for doing the simple things well. When Yaya does the same he gets called lazy and off-form.

Yaya's passing was off colour at Chelsea and again last night
Performed much better in the second half when we moved the ball more quickly but defo thought he wasn't at the races in the first hour

He's now a downfall of his own high standards and expectations from everyone.

He's been far from his best, not a patch on last season. But he does need to up his game though, personally i would have started him on the bench last night and then brought him on.

The channces of yaya ever getting dropped or being subbed is about as likely as us signing Messi, Xavi and Iniesta!

Yaya is crucial to the team and is still doing the same things he did last season. I recently heard a stat about his passing, and after a search I found this....

"Statistically, City have been the league’s outstanding passing side. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index will frighten Chelsea, as it shows two of the top ten passers in the league are City players Yaya Toure, who is top having completed 536 passes in the opposition half, and Samir Nasri who is 8th with 361 passes"

Source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bitterandblue.com/2012/11/25/3686574/chelsea-manchester-city-stats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bitterandblue.com/2012/11/25 ... city-stats</a>

corky1970 said:
Same comments exactly the same time last year

hes a slow starter and some blues are just blinkered miserable *****

This is the reaction I pointed to in my first post, you get pelters for pointing out his passing and ball retention has been really poor and below par. Still an amazing talent just needs a kick up the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.