Yaya Toure

Yaya, may still play in dortmund, no one will notice him playing. Seriously, if we cannot accomodate a free, forward role, he is not worth a place. Someone said , he breaks up play, rubbish, rarely makes a tackle, or closes down a player.

Can anyone clarify how many yellows he has in the league and how many more he can receive before getting a match ban?

Yaya is a beast ONLY when he is going forward..as a DMF he is shit...this is why we need De Rossi here to give more freedom to yaya to go forward

We really are spoilt bastards aren't we. This bloke has been the pivotal player in the two major trophies we have won in the last two seasons. I for one don't think we'd have won either without him. Now that he's had a couple of ordinary games we have a thread dedicated to him. Shite.

xzbit04 said:
Can anyone clarify how many yellows he has in the league and how many more he can receive before getting a match ban?

As I`v posted earlier on this thread,Yaya,only has ONE PL booking this season.A total of 5 bookings will culminate in a suspension,but I believe that is cancelled if he escapes until about Feb/March if IRC.

MihaiCity said:
Yaya is a beast ONLY when he is going forward..as a DMF he is shit...this is why we need De Rossi here to give more freedom to yaya to go forward

We always need a DM or 2. Why waste Yaya on such tasks? He picks up a lot of ball from the defence and passes it on to forward-looking team-mates. That's most of his game and he uses his runs sparingly as he is not superhuman. He should also be a threat at set pieces although that seems the one aspect that Bobby & Co have not really sorted yet, and which is far more of a puzzle than 'Yaya is shit at DMF'. Can we also get over this De Jong thing. He's gone, he wanted to go and we've all moved on, including him.

At his age, Yaya is not going to play any other way now. He'll just run himself into the ground for 2 or 3 years and then retire. The end. Let's just be grateful for what we have, which is a one-off player that can change any game against any team.

Carl_Man_City said:
He has a 1 match ban in the champions league. He won't be playing in Dortmund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad but I consider this good news, he's an amazing talent but one thats looked laboured and tired for the past month or so and yet is a constant in our side, letting him rest will hopefully do him the world of good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.