Yaya Toure

Rodenberger10 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Honestly, what does this guy have to do to get subbed? For months he has played like a lazy sack of shit, yet he ALWAYS starts and always plays the full 90 minutes.

I wish Pellegrini had had the balls to take him off today instead of Fernandinho who was at least working hard.

Our record when yaya is out of the team isn't brilliant so enough said really.

If you look, almost every other pass goes to him and he almost never gives the ball away. Xavi is exactly the same. What makes them world class is that you hardly notice the essential contribution that these players make to the team. They can then pull out a moment of genius like yayas runs or his free kicks too.

Also I remember that people were moaning at the game about doing little ticky tacky passes at the back and in the midfield. Well get used to that because that's the way we will play under mp. Yaya was having to play very deep though but this was because hull pressed us very well and lescott isn't good enough with his feet.

Finally yaya is far from lazy it is just the way he carries his body (as he is so big) and he is a natural sprinter so has to conserve his energy a lot.

agree with all this; the abuse that Yaya gets in here is unbelievable<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 pm --<br /><br />
harrogateblue said:
Oh yeah, he is excellent at "conserving his energy a lot". World class.

shouldn't you be out shagging sheep?

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
......... He is not lazy, just a slow turning lump. He cannot tackle, but neither, could Barry. Guardiola knew he was not top midfield material and so do I. As a number 10 of the Neil young type he is fine.

Barry couldn't tackle..???..'ure 'aving a larf

Barry tackles with his arms. It makes me laugh that people have never noticed this. If you do not know this try watching from now. He gives away countless fouls for pushing, or tackling with his arms as I call it. No worries most Fans have very simplistic views and knowledge.

Matt the Giant said:
Rodenberger10 said:

Genuine questions;
1) Haven't we performed rather well without him when he has been away to the afcon?
2) Didn't Guardiola okay the sale of Yaya at Barcelona?

No we haven't. We are always shaky in jan when he goes and guardiola did not want him to go but yaya wanted a starting place every week and also a pay rise.

Yaya Toure is played as a centre forward by his national team. He is a goal scoring midfield player of the utmost ability. Yet we play him as a defensive holding midfield player - which he is not.
Square pegs comes to mind...........................he needs to play in the centre as part of a three behind the centre forward.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Yaya Toure is played as a centre forward by his national team. He is a goal scoring midfield player of the utmost ability. Yet we play him as a defensive holding midfield player - which he is not.
Square pegs comes to mind...........................he needs to play in the centre as part of a three behind the centre forward.

I fully agree with this, ANY1.

YaYa is wasted as a defensive / central midfielder; he should be used much more as he was in the title season, i.e. as an attacking midfielder, scaring opposing defences to death.

Now that Barry has left, Milner or Rodwell should be patrolling in front of the back four.

Rodenberger10 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Rodenberger10 said:

Genuine questions;
1) Haven't we performed rather well without him when he has been away to the afcon?
2) Didn't Guardiola okay the sale of Yaya at Barcelona?

No we haven't. We are always shaky in jan when he goes and guardiola did not want him to go but yaya wanted a starting place every week and also a pay rise.

Hrm..
Season 11/12, from the mid January (when he left) to the end February, we played 9 games:
7 wins
1 loss
1 draw
Goal difference +13

Not really "shaky" in my book.

Season 12/13, same period, 8 games:
5 wins
1 loss
2 draws
Goal difference +9

Again not that "shaky" in my book.

No one here would ever say Yaya is anything but a really great player, but he has weaknesses which can and should be addressed, and he's not that paramount to our success as some may try to reason.

Further more, it's not disloyal to criticize a player.

Maybe we should all try to establish his strengths and weaknesses, and then figure out what his best position would be and how playing him in that position would effect the team structure.

Personally, as ANY1aBLUE above, I think his best position is as a central attacking mf behind a lone striker. But playing him there would mean one of Nasri, Silva and Jovetic plus two of our three strikers would find themselves on the bench.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 pm --<br /><br />
Vienna_70 said:
YaYa is wasted as a defensive / central midfielder; he should be used much more as he was in the title season, i.e. as an attacking midfielder, scaring opposing defences to death.

Now that Barry has left, Milner or Rodwell should be patrolling in front of the back four.

I agree with everything in this post. The two mentioned above, or one of them two with Fernandinho would make a very tight centre midfield.

If we want to win important games with Yaya and Fernandinho as our midfield partnership they need to start working harder pressing and getting the ball back as quick as possible and minimizing the pitch space to let them do so.

Here is a good interview from Cruyff explaining his Barcelona dream team midfield partnership of Guardiola and Koeman, he explains that if there are two examples of individuals who cannot defend then it's those two, but they played in the heart of defence.

He goes on asking the question: "what is defending?"

He answers himself with: "defending is a matter of: how much space must I defend?

"If I have to defend this whole garden, I am the worst (defender), if I have to defend this small area I am the best (defender).

"Everything is about meters. That's all"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW65Isv58A4[/youtube]

The partnership of Yaya and Fernandinho will work if they work hard off the ball, if they are lazy at any point during any game they will be exposed and our defence will have their work cut out.

Thenumber1blue said:
Fuck sake Yaya is on another level to anyone else in the squad,who starts these stupid fuckin threads.

Here's an idea, - instead of coming up with such non-contributing posts as that, why don't you explain to us exactly why you think he is on another level, which qualities he has that no one else has and so on.
It'd be a much more interesting thread that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.