Yaya Toure

sam-caddick said:
I think in away games on small pitches we need to go with a three in midfield and let Yaya get further more.

Yaya--Rodwell/Barry--Fernandinho is what I would go with.

Aren't the pitches all the same size now? I thought changes were introduced end of season before last to make this so?

Anyway, putting that to one side, why on earth Pellegrini pushed Fernandino forward and had Yaya sitting back is quite beyond me. Both players were shite in that role and would have been far more effective the other way around.

kinkysleftfoot said:
OB1 said:
Yaya made more passes than any other player on the park (more than twice as many as Fern) with an 89% completion and made more tackles than any of his team mates.

This!

People seem to pick on him but he stitches everything together...... Not his fault we conceded from two corners

I agree it want his fault we conceded from the corner but it was leading to the first goal that disappointed me. That Kim guy just waltzed past yaya with ease- he has to do better and if he did-no goal, simple.

I think early on he got overpowered a few times in the tackle when for the beast of the man he is, he should of hit them hard early and take their belief and enthusiasm away from them-good players and teams systematically take belief away and break down these types of teams to come out on top.

He was the captain y/dat but didn't lead by example or drive our team on in any way

I admit he want the only player below par but he especially fuckin infuriates me when he plays like that, dont get me wrong,when he plays well he is fuckin brilliant but for me it's not happening enough these days and he needs to sort it.

I agree he needs to play higher up the pitch but hey,if the gaffer asked him to do a job-fuckin do it -simple!!

One more thing-Garcia on the corner at the far post wasnt even facing the ball he was too busy just watching the player,i mean i understand this and were seeing more and more of it but surely be more side on so you can have im in your eye and be conscious of his movement but still be able to see the flight of the ball ok- im not sur but i thought it was in an area where Garcia ,if he want doing what he was doing had a right to maybe go and get something on that ball or at least compete and in doing so maybe Campbell misses the target-

One more thing!! When the man-vinnie kompany doesn't play ,im worried from the off-we need him at places like that ,he's a colossus for us-hurry up back vinnie-he puts his body on the line,not enough of the others are prepared to do that for me.-what do you think ?

Anyway got up far too early on a bank holiday so am going back to bed-a draw will do me tonight!!

skybluepete said:
He was the captain y/dat but didn't lead by example or drive our team on in any way.
This. As I wrote similarly yesterday. Yaya is not captain material. Fuck, if my boss loped around all day, would that inspire me to work hard?

Hopefully Pellegrini has learnt a hell of a lot from the whole team's performance. All that passing sideways after Navas went off was just embarrassing.

the thing is, when going forward yaya is on another planet, but too many times he is lazy when he is around the halfway line, some had said he had 89% pass rate, fuck me i can pass side wards all the game but when he tried to pass over 20 yrds or more it went to a cardiff player or out of play. and for a big lad he does get pushed over to easy. needs to put more effort into his game.

Needs a spell on the bench along with Hart, Silva and Aguero. All 4 haven't performed anywhere near there capabity for a long long time. Yaya still lollops round the pitch, seemingly in slow motion and does very little. Silva hasn't produced anything near his best for a year +, yesterday he was giving the ball away quicker than yaya can move. Aguero (who I rate as one of the top 5 strikers in the world) was shocking v Cardiff and to be fair in the last 12 months I've seen him turn in more games like the Cardiff one than any other. Joe Fucking Hart is the hard one - he seems to have gone uber shite for the last season and a half - our defence was so good the last 3 years despite him not because of him, taking him out of the firing line may help him but he may also never reach the levels we thought he could - how many keepers come out looking like world beaters then completely lose it? A fair few to my reckoning - James/Kirkland/Robinson to name an easy 3 - maybe mr potato head is correct and we would have done better to bring in a hungry, proven GK like Begovic et al

Should never play DM ever again - too lazy - he allowed their attacking mids to waltz past him and put our already shaky defence under pressure. As an out and out AM or on the bench. He could also do with taking a leaf out of his brother Kolo´s book regarding attitude - even more so when you think of the astronomical wages he´s drawing. Matchwinner yes - passenger, a big, fat fookin NO!!<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 am --<br /><br />
Drewmanc said:
Needs a spell on the bench along with Hart, Silva and Aguero. All 4 haven't performed anywhere near there capabity for a long long time. Yaya still lollops round the pitch, seemingly in slow motion and does very little. Silva hasn't produced anything near his best for a year +, yesterday he was giving the ball away quicker than yaya can move. Aguero (who I rate as one of the top 5 strikers in the world) was shocking v Cardiff and to be fair in the last 12 months I've seen him turn in more games like the Cardiff one than any other. Joe Fucking Hart is the hard one - he seems to have gone uber shite for the last season and a half - our defence was so good the last 3 years despite him not because of him, taking him out of the firing line may help him but he may also never reach the levels we thought he could - how many keepers come out looking like world beaters then completely lose it? A fair few to my reckoning - James/Kirkland/Robinson to name an easy 3 - maybe mr potato head is correct and we would have done better to bring in a hungry, proven GK like Begovic et al
And the common denominator with all those (Hart to a lesser extent) hardly needs pointing out does it ?

Feed the Elk said:
grim up north said:
Feed the Elk said:
I couldn't work out why he was faffing a out playing the ball backwards and sideways with 2 minutes to go. What a (millionaire) fool

Ah lump it down the middle

Or perhaps pass it forward to try and start an attack? So you think it's a good idea to roll the ball around the defence while time is running out and we're losing?
As a senior member of the team I'd expect him to take some initiative and move the ball forwards

Correct. We need players who are brave enough to do something with the ball rather than just pass it to the nearest player who then passes it the next nearest player who then passes it to one of the centre backs. Every single player should be trying to give the opposition problems and influence play. Every one. For me, away from home we lack both courage and commitment. I fear these are personality traits rather than tactics and will not be easy to rectify. If Kompany, Zabba and Milner don't play we can be bullied. Negredo looks aggressive though so again might give the others a bit of bravery.

But in an advanced midfield position, Yaya will be expected and will be NEEDED to press the opposition relentlessly. He can't do that because he either doesn't have the fitness, or can't be arsed. He's a big problem for us because when he plays well we are immense, so we try to shoe-horn him into the team for this reason. But does he play well often enough to warrant this?

It also pisses me off how we will be finally building some pressure, we'll have good possession deep in the opposition half, we're moving them around and waiting for the opening.... then the ball goes to Yaya and he twats it into row Z from 35 yards.

skybluepete said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
OB1 said:
Yaya made more passes than any other player on the park (more than twice as many as Fern) with an 89% completion and made more tackles than any of his team mates.

This!

People seem to pick on him but he stitches everything together...... Not his fault we conceded from two corners

I agree it want his fault we conceded from the corner but it was leading to the first goal that disappointed me. That Kim guy just waltzed past yaya with ease- he has to do better and if he did-no goal, simple.

I think early on he got overpowered a few times in the tackle when for the beast of the man he is, he should of hit them hard early and take their belief and enthusiasm away from them-good players and teams systematically take belief away and break down these types of teams to come out on top.

He was the captain y/dat but didn't lead by example or drive our team on in any way

I admit he want the only player below par but he especially fuckin infuriates me when he plays like that, dont get me wrong,when he plays well he is fuckin brilliant but for me it's not happening enough these days and he needs to sort it.

I agree he needs to play higher up the pitch but hey,if the gaffer asked him to do a job-fuckin do it -simple!!

One more thing-Garcia on the corner at the far post wasnt even facing the ball he was too busy just watching the player,i mean i understand this and were seeing more and more of it but surely be more side on so you can have im in your eye and be conscious of his movement but still be able to see the flight of the ball ok- im not sur but i thought it was in an area where Garcia ,if he want doing what he was doing had a right to maybe go and get something on that ball or at least compete and in doing so maybe Campbell misses the target-

One more thing!! When the man-vinnie kompany doesn't play ,im worried from the off-we need him at places like that ,he's a colossus for us-hurry up back vinnie-he puts his body on the line,not enough of the others are prepared to do that for me.-what do you think ?

Anyway got up far too early on a bank holiday so am going back to bed-a draw will do me tonight!!

This is what peed me off the most - went past him like he wasn't there and Yaya made no effort whatsoever to try and win the ball back , just gave up! If my 10 year old did that for his team he would get a proper roasting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.