Yaya Toure

For me the continuing worry is that for all their astronomical signing on fees & huge weekly wages our top players do not seem to have any football nous. The minute the going gets a bit tough, & goodness knows in our matches that is often, no one takes the game by the scruff or does anything different. We could go on forever about this, but the one player with all the assets to do this is Yaya.

But no its the same old, same old; typified yesterday by the nonsensical sideways passing IN OUR OWN HALF with only a few minutes to go.

Bayern, Arsenal & now Cardiff - there are problems. It would be unwise to think Vinny is going to dramatically change things.

I have heard that Yaya is pretty angry to be playing deep as he sees this as his weakest position. He doesn't however see this as Pellegrini's fault, but has it in his head it is Txiki and Sorriano dictating he plays there. I would imagine this is far from the truth, and he is probably just paranoid about what happened at Barca. Just passing on what I have heard, though.

I do believe, though, he isn't quick enough in small areas to be an 'all action' midfielder, and with Fernandinho still settling in, we could perhaps do with a 3rd man in the middle, Milner/Rodwell to help out in certain games. At home it shouldn't be an issue, but away from home it would allow Yaya to push up and use his power to bully defenders, which players like Nasri/Silva perhaps can't do.

The problem with that is we have so many other attacking options to chose from it is a case of fitting people in, though I do believe, at times, Yaya is picked on reputation rather than form. Milner is too 'english' for our set up- he is the stereo typical english player with bundles of effort, but limited true ability when it matters, however that effort he can provide in the middle by harrying players etc will be key in games like yesterday if Yaya and Fernandinho can't provide it.

I would love to see the Yaya of 2 seasons ago, pushing further up, but I don't know who to push out of the team if that were the case. I'd imagine at home we set up like we did against Newcastle, but away from home

----Rodwell/Milner----Fernandinho-----

--------------------Yaya-----------------------

----Navas---------------------------Silva-----

-----------------Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo-------

I have been highly critical now of yaya for 18 months. I do not however blame him for the defeat yesterday, there were other factors. However we will never be a successful team , if he continues in this present role. He cannot tackle, does not like physical presence, and cannot head a ball. At home against poor teams he will continue to bully, then against top teams and away against physical sides we will face the same inquest after another defeat.

It needs a strong manager to drop Yaya, use him as an impact player or further up with the lone striker. I was embarrassed for him by some of his challenges yesterday. The way the lad went past him for the first goal was like the the final days of P. Vieira. His defensive marking at set pieces are a shambles. Concentration is poor and is combined with an inclination to ball watch. I could name 3 or 4 strong positives, they are not the most important for his present role. I used to be ridiculed for my view, now some other fans have seen past the media image of this player. Unfortunately those that matter cannot.

I wonder how many others concur with these views ?

FantasyIreland said:
MSP said:
Nowhere close his "best PL midfielder" tag.. defensively huge liability, opposition running by him as he is not there.

That has always been the case,he cant defend and milk turns quicker.

His best games have always been behind the front men,where his lack of agility and industry doesnt have such a detrimental impact.

the thing is he can turn quick, hes just lazy.

he's pining for Barca

Be back at Barca someday. The future is in God's hands, be going back to that club."

Manchester City star Yaya Toure has told the Catalan media that he won't rule out returning to his former club Barcelona. Toure joined the Premier League club in 2011 for a fee of €24m and was instrumental in the 2012 Premier League winning side, but he still has strong feelings for his ex club.

Speaking to Mundo Deportivo the Ivory Coast international said his future is in God’s hands but one day he will be back playing for Barcelona. Toure said leaving the club was one of the hardest decisions of his life and he only left to guarantee himself more minutes on the pitch at Manchester City and feel more trusted by the club set-up. The midfielder revealed he felt very comfortable whilst at Barcelona and that he has always wanted the best for the club. He said Barcelona is more than a club and that it is like a family.

Toure is concerned that Manchester City are drawn against Barcelona in the Champions League as he feels it will be too difficult to face them in the Camp Nou. City are again unlikely to be seeded in the top group for this season’s competition so there is a possibility of facing Barcelona in the group stages. The big midfeidler said there would be too many emotions and memories in facing his old club. He feels due to the love he received whilst playing for Barcelona it would be difficult for him to face them. Toure said about facing his former club:

"It would be too much for me to return to Camp Nou as a rival, too many memories and emotions. It would be difficult for me and the people, for the love they gave me."

Toure explained how he used to love the stadium singing his name, but he's also a huge hero at Manchester City where he's rightly seen as a great player. Manchester City fans probably haven't got too much to worry about on this, Barcelona wouldn't be able to afford an asking price or match the player's wages, and Toure does like his occasional rattle of the Barca cage.
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/yaya-toure-ponders-barcelona-return-says-god-will-decide-and-help" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... e-and-help</a>

Another scapegoat thread because there always needs to be someone to vent frustrations at.

He should've turned into superman and stopped three shite goals we shipped. Yaya out.

Jumanji said:
Another scapegoat thread because there always needs to be someone to vent frustrations at.

Speaking of which, where's the Zabaleta thread?

*ducks and runs for cover*

Jumanji said:

He should've turned into superman and stopped three shite goals we shipped. Yaya out.

I specifically said he was not to blame for the defeat. Do you disagree with the points I made in my post. Can you understand them or are the blinkers on too tight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.