Yaya Toure

I was stood behind the goal and when it went in it took about a second for it to register I like most around me couldn't believe it had gone then it was pandemonium then within a minute Nasri pops up everyone went flying, two world class goals.

The best thing was we had that free kick before and it totally ballsed up then Yaya did THAT. I have to say that silence between it going in and him kicking it was unbelievable but everyone knew it was going in, special goal really from the big man! It's up there with the goal Gerrard scored for Liverpool against West Ham in a final a while back.

Just watched the replay and he came in at the same acute angle that he does for his magical free kicks. So for those that implied he didn't intend it, they need to watch his technique more closely.

A magnificent strike that changed the game.

Cometh the hour, Cometh Yaya.

Blue Maverick said:
I was stood behind the goal and when it went in it took about a second for it to register I like most around me couldn't believe it had gone then it was pandemonium then within a minute Nasri pops up everyone went flying, two world class goals.

For some reason I was convinced it hit the bar, I thought there was no way on gods green earth he'd hit that in from there. It wasn't until I saw Aguero picking it out of the net it clicked.

bluesteve1964 said:
Didn't realise how far out he was when watching it at Wembley. Gets better every time I watch it. Class!!

Keeps getting referred to as a 25-yarder for some reason.

inbetween said:
The best thing was we had that free kick before and it totally ballsed up then Yaya did THAT. I have to say that silence between it going in and him kicking it was unbelievable but everyone knew it was going in, special goal really from the big man! It's up there with the goal Gerrard scored for Liverpool against West Ham in a final a while back.

I didn't.

The way he nonchalantly approached the ball and swung his foot suggested he was clipping a cross towards the back post. When I saw how high and straight it had gone I assume he'd fucked it up and was in the process of thinking "what the bleeding hell was that" when the net in the top corner of the goal bulged with the ball in it. Couldn't believe it had gone in.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/ManCityPhotos/status/440153451130269696/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/ManCityPhotos/statu ... 96/photo/1</a>

There were a few "oh, for fuck s-OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT THE FUUUUU"s around me. Myself included.

Like, why the hell is he shaping up to shoot there?! Fuck's sake, Yaya!

I thought it was an aimless chip to no-one in the box and was half way through berating him when I had my own personal STFU moment....I still don't think it's going in ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.