Yaya Toure

regista said:
Maybe he should not be playing alongside Fernandinho.

I can't imagine there is another midfield pairing in the world that opposition players would fear more than these two monsters of football.

regista said:
LoveCity said:
Most passes completed of any midfielder in the Premier League (1237).

Most goals scored of any midfielder in the Premier League (9).

Nominated for FIFA Ballon d'Or.

Nominated for FIFPro World XI.

Named in L'Equipe Team of 2013, one of only two Premier League players along with Kompany.

BBC African Footballer of the Year for 2013.

On the 10-man shortlist for CAF African Footballer of the Year for 2013 (TBA January 9th).

And some of our fans think he's not good enough or should be dropped. YCNMIU.

He can attack. Everyone agrees. The problem is that he can't defend. Maybe he should not be playing alongside Fernandinho. Maybe he should be playing behind the striker.

I am still incredulous that a coach as successful as Pep Guardiola would pick a guy that can't defend to play centre back against the mighty Shrek in a Champions League final and think that he could win.

OB1 said:
regista said:
LoveCity said:

Named in L'Equipe Team of 2013, one of only two Premier League players along with Kompany.

On the 10-man shortlist for CAF African Footballer of the Year for 2013 (TBA January 9th).

He can attack. Everyone agrees. The problem is that he can't defend. Maybe he should not be playing alongside Fernandinho. Maybe he should be playing behind the striker.

I am still incredulous that a coach as successful as Pep Guardiola would pick a guy that can't defend to play centre back against the mighty Shrek in a Champions League final and think that he could win.

That was a few years ago, when he could actually defend.

I'm pretty sure that Pellegrini will put Toure further up the pitch (behind striker) in the future.

or as part of a midfield trio.

i.e:

===fernandinho=====

toure ===== matic ?

CaliforniaBlue said:
He's at it again... at 2:45 of Inside City 107 he hits another perfect free kick - the guy's a machine!

Wow! Perfection,

Johnsonontheleft said:
For fuck's sake. Yaya has been putting in lazy performances since well before Moscow. Another shite performance today. When he decides not to turn up it's like we're playing with 10 men.

Should I, should I, should I,..... Nah!

Chelsea will probably slap OB Michael on Yaya and he'll be red carded before half time!

BlueSiam said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
For fuck's sake. Yaya has been putting in lazy performances since well before Moscow. Another shite performance today. When he decides not to turn up it's like we're playing with 10 men.

Should I, should I, should I,..... Nah!

Chelsea will probably slap OB Michael on Yaya and he'll be red carded before half time!

Who? Ya Ya or Obi Mikel?

regista said:
LoveCity said:

I agree, the system we play is wrong and the pairing in our most important position is wrong. May as well pop Rodwell or Garcia in there. What do we have to lose?
I mean, it's not like We're top of the league while on a 20 game unbeaten run and in a cup final, or anything ridiculous like that.

Oh wait...

Are people still spouting the same shite about Ya Ya defensively? Stop watching MOTD for Christ's sake.

It's pretty easy to say Ya Ya is poor defensively. Especially if you are clueless about the game. It's basic very basic, Ya Ya and Fernandinho 9 out of 10 times are playing two on three. So if you understand the game, it's pretty logical that other teams will have someone free.

I have asked this of people before, if Ya Ya is so poor defensively, if he and Fernandinho are weak defensively, then why is it so many teams play 3 in central midfield against us?

Not one team on the planet would line up 442 against us. Why is this? Surely if Ya Ya and Fernandinho are so weak defensively teams would just over run us. Facts are, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton are all very good sides, they have been hammered by City, they all tried to over run our two man midfield.. Chelsea will come Monday, they'll play Matic, Ramieres and most likely Mikel, and fingers crossed, we will again win the game.

The key to our attacking brilliance is our midfield two, they allow us to have 4 forwards all with freedom to attack, not only do Fernandinho and Ya Ya provide and strong axis on which to attack, but they have 15 prem goals between them.

So our midfield anchors have scored more than, Ramieres & Mikel, Gerrard & Lucas, Cabaye & Sissokho, Barry and McCarthy, Flamini & Arteta and Carrick & Zinedine Cleverley combined.

So our midfield two give us the axis to score an average of three goals a game. Yet we have only conceded 6 more than Chelsea, who are built on defence.

To have the attacking play we have, you sacrifice defensive solidity, take a striker out, replace with a destroyer, a De Jong type, we'd concede considerably less, Ya Ya would look even better.

We don't play with the protection that Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal do, that's why we've conceded a few more goals, but score so many more.

Ya Ya is basically two players for us, he runs the midfield, he creates goals he scores goals. He passes and runs the game like Xavi, he runs at teams like Gerrard in his peak, he is as creative Scholes and scores like Lampard in his pomp. Yet people want him to tackle like De Jong. He's only one man.

Toure has 12 Premier League goals, 4 direct assists, most passes completed. I can also think of at least 10 goals where Ya Ya has been integral without being given an assist. How many times is he the pass before the assist.? How many times does he pick out Zaba, Kolarov, Nasri, Silva or Navas in the box who I turn create a tap in?

Take Cardiff, he put Aguero clean through for one goal, sent Dzeko through resulting in Navas' goal, and then scored himself. Yet people were still groaning about him.

Others players just can't do what Ya Ya can, yes every now and he may look lazy, but he and Fernandinho are doing the work of 3 men.

He also has one major quality that you can't buy. Fear factor. Teams are scared to death of him..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.