Yaya Toure

bluemc1 said:
hmblue said:
Yaya definitely goes into the all time 1st eleven along with Vinnie, Carlos, David S. and Bert Trautmann. Maybe Sergio as well.

yep think those 6 get in most peoples best ever City 11 good shout

Yes David Sommeil would make my all-time eleven

Didsbury Dave said:
He's not the greatest player in our current side, let alone of all time. He has great ability but his total lack of defensive ability means he wouldn't get into a world team, whereas Aguero, Silva and Kompany would get close. He's a great asset but one who brings a downside.
I would bet my life he would get into a world side ahead of Aguero and Silva. Kompany might just be ahead of him, but it would be close.

His 'total lack of defensive ability' doesn't really stand up either. He is better at attacking but he is capable of defending when needed. It is the managers job to get Yaya in the right position, something Mancini got very wrong last season.

jay_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's not the greatest player in our current side, let alone of all time. He has great ability but his total lack of defensive ability means he wouldn't get into a world team, whereas Aguero, Silva and Kompany would get close. He's a great asset but one who brings a downside.
I would bet my life he would get into a world side ahead of Aguero and Silva. Kompany might just be ahead of him, but it would be close.

His 'total lack of defensive ability' doesn't really stand up either. He is better at attacking but he is capable of defending when needed. It is the managers job to get Yaya in the right position, something Mancini got very wrong last season.

Kompany is the one outstanding candidate to get into a World eleven but if were honest would probably still fall a bit short. I am a massive fan of Yaya, he has given us some great moments and it is bizarre to criticise Mancini as he was the manager who gave Yaya license to get forward more, than operate as a defensive midfielder, which enabled him to make such a telling impact on our history.

franksinatra said:
Kompany is the one outstanding candidate to get into a World eleven but if were honest would probably still fall a bit short. I am a massive fan of Yaya, he has given us some great moments and it is bizarre to criticise Mancini as he was the manager who gave Yaya license to get forward more, than operate as a defensive midfielder, which enabled him to make such a telling impact on our history.

In the season we won the league Mancini used Yaya perfectly. Last season he was asked to defend a lot more because we played with two strikers more than we did the year before. This season is a little strange in that we are playing with two strikers again but since the first couple of games the brilliance of Fernandinho has allowed Yaya to have a greater attacking influence despite being part of a two man midfield.

jay_mcfc said:
franksinatra said:

In the season we won the league Mancini used Yaya perfectly. Last season he was asked to defend a lot more because we played with two strikers more than we did the year before. This season is a little strange in that we are playing with two strikers again but since the first couple of games the brilliance of Fernandinho has allowed Yaya to have a greater attacking influence despite being part of a two man midfield.

I am not sure about that. Yaya has always been the player from midfield who supports the attack and with Gareth Barry, a traditional holding midfielder, there was plenty of opportunities to get forward.

Last season we suffered with a lot of our top players not reaching their capabilities, a complete contrast to the previous year. That if anything may have had an adverse affect on Yaya but not the position Mancini has played him. The fact Milner and Zabba were being touted as last years players of the season highlights our top players never performed.

Code:
hmblue said:
Yaya definitely goes into the all time 1st eleven along with Vinnie, Carlos, David S. and Bert Trautmann. Maybe Sergio as well.

Maybe Sergio ?

Who the hell else (Tevez aside obviously) would you have up front?!!

Carlos Tevez is the best mancity player in Premier league era. Technically he maybe not superior than Silva and Yaya but he always gave 100% on pitch. Same cant be said about other 2. Also , Yaya and Silva always had top players along with them unlike tevez [09/10 season]

Also someone here mentioned that Only gerrard is better than Yaya in Epl. I am a liverpool fan and Gerrard is past it. There are MANY midfielders in league better than him.

BongoBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Ell-ano said:
Carlos Tevez is our best ever, unbelievable player, best i've seen anyway

Better and more impactive than Yaya for me.

When on the pitch he always gave 110%. Yaya definitely doesn't.

The Munich incident will severely cloud a lot of city fans judgements though so we'll get slaughtered for this opinion.

-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm --

BongoBlue said:
I said "on his day". He wasn't exactly "on his day" those evenings. Plus he was largely on his own against those sides anyway.

How convenient he decided to not be on his day in both those games against world class players.

He was outplayed and outclassed in both games by better players.

Yes he was outplayed those nights. Against world-class teams. As all of our players were (with the exception of Joe Hart vs Dortmund).

I'm pretty damn sure every player we have ever had in our history has had "convenient" off-nights according to you.

I am merely saying that he is pretty unplayable on his day. That's not every day as we all know.

To say someone is 'pretty unplayable' is a total contradiction of terms. He either is or he isn't, you can't be partially unplayable.

Also to my knowledge he's never won mcfc player of the year or mcfc players player of the year. He's probably been mcfc player of the month only 2 or 3 times.

Why is this? It's because he's inconsistent. Truly great players do it week in week out(or near enough). Yaya doesn't.

Silva, aguero and kompany perform at a high level much more often.

Well one thing you definitely cannot deny, when the big man speaks, people listen. The fallout from his comments about racism in Moscow has been huge. Genuinely surprised it's kicked up this much fuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.