Yaya Toure

alongside kompany yaya's the best city player i've ever seen,its hard to say best ever though? i never got to see colin bell for eg. prob put aguero & silva up there as well

Ell-ano said:
Carlos Tevez is our best ever, unbelievable player, best i've seen anyway

Better and more impactive than Yaya for me.

When on the pitch he always gave 110%. Yaya definitely doesn't.

The Munich incident will severely cloud a lot of city fans judgements though so we'll get slaughtered for this opinion.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm --<br /><br />
BongoBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
BongoBlue said:
Yaya is not the greatest ever by any means but as others have said, he would very possibly make the City all-time XI. I do think that he would have stood out in previous generations.

No-one else today has his combination of size, pace, strength coupled with incredible touch and footballing nous. On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya. Despite the world-class players that we have: Kompany, Silva etc., only Yaya (and Aguero to a slightly lesser extent) have the "fear factor" to other clubs.

How convenient that he wasn't on his day in both
What manure, Chelski and especially Arsenal wouldn't do for a player like him. The nearest thing to Vieira in the game today. It is no coincidence that Arse have won nothing since he left.

So yeah, he's pretty damn good. Sometimes frustrating and lazy, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when his name is on the team-sheet.

On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya.[/i]

Bayern Munich at home and Borussia Dortmund at home both say you are wrong.

I said "on his day". He wasn't exactly "on his day" those evenings. Plus he was largely on his own against those sides anyway.

How convenient he decided to not be on his day in both those games against world class players.

He was outplayed and outclassed in both games by better players.

Since the takeover tevez is the best to play for us but if aguero stays long enough it will be him

Alex B said:
Yaya Toure is the greatest player to ever wear our shirt. There i said it. Honestly what an unbeliveable player, i actually think he is underrated by some blues for reasons i cant fathom.

Can you actually imagine a City side without him?! ....Scary thought isnt it.

The fear he inspires in other teams is huge- example-(<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshedend.com/topic/24656-chelsea-v-manchester-city-pl-271013-ko-1600-bst/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theshedend.com/topic/24656-c ... -1600-bst/</a>)- you just dont quite realise the impact he has. I cannot think of a player in that postion who does that. The scum are shit scared of him like you cannot believe.

Everything goes through him, he dictates games and destroys opposition.

The power, the passing, the inspiration to others, the goals, the ultimate big game player.

Yaya Toure...Citys greatest player.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfLOq4Kf44[/youtube]

totally agree, we can all be nostalgic but in years to come this generation of fans will look back on Ya Ya's contribution with great affection, the ultimate big game player

Stoned Rose said:
Ell-ano said:

The Munich incident will severely cloud a lot of city fans judgements though so we'll get slaughtered for this opinion.

-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm --

BongoBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya.[/i]

I said "on his day". He wasn't exactly "on his day" those evenings. Plus he was largely on his own against those sides anyway.

How convenient he decided to not be on his day in both those games against world class players.

Yes he was outplayed those nights. Against world-class teams. As all of our players were (with the exception of Joe Hart vs Dortmund).

I'm pretty damn sure every player we have ever had in our history has had "convenient" off-nights according to you.

I am merely saying that he is pretty unplayable on his day. That's not every day as we all know.

Yaya definitely goes into the all time 1st eleven along with Vinnie, Carlos, David S. and Bert Trautmann. Maybe Sergio as well.

Stoned Rose said:
Ell-ano said:

The Munich incident will severely cloud a lot of city fans judgements though so we'll get slaughtered for this opinion.

-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm --

BongoBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:

Absolute bollocks!
How about all those goals in the big games against Chelsea, Arsenal the rags ... Hmmm. now that you mention it!

hmblue said:
Yaya definitely goes into the all time 1st eleven along with Vinnie, Carlos, David S. and Bert Trautmann. Maybe Sergio as well.

yep think those 6 get in most peoples best ever City 11 good shout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.