Yaya Toure

the greatest nah, we old ones know who one of the best midfielders to put on a city shirt. in this side yaya is very important to the team but the greatest nah

bluethunder said:
Toure is great passer, dribbler and team player. but he doesn't score enough goals and he's not great at defending.

I wouldn't call him lazy. maybe he doesn't like to defend. fair enough if that's the case. give him a attacking midfielder role, he could be our Zidane.

the only CM better than him in the EPL is probably Steven Gerrard.

Fucking hell! Stevie Starfish is past it, if I was Rodgers I'd pick Henderson and Lucas before him, even in the dj beaters prime he was nothing on Lampard and not fit to lace Scholesy or Paddy V's boots.

He is a fantastic player, it always annoys me when i read on here that he is lazy..

He plays more or less every game in every season, so how can he be lazy ?

I think that sometimes the volme of games that he plays catches up with him..

Didsbury Dave said:
One of the many great city myths is that yaya "switches off" and is "lazy". Like most of these myths it is based on his body language rather than facts. Fans always fall for it and on forums these things get repeated ad infinitum until some see them as fact.

Spot on

bluestevei said:
the greatest nah, we old ones know who one of the best midfielders to put on a city shirt. in this side yaya is very important to the team but the greatest nah

I am an older one at 50 but I think most of us older fans just remember the good bits of the players gone by............ya ya is one of the best!

Berkovic_blue said:
Lucky Toma said:
He's arguably been our most important player over the past few seasons. Greatest ever? Not even close.

Are you using hyperbole to try and make some sort of point or are you really that silly?

He is easily in the top 10 of players to have played for City.

Silva is numero uno imo

I agree on Silva. Only saw Colin Bell in those few comeback games from injury so I can't do justice to pre 77 players.

Kun Aguero said:
Aguero is. He would walk into any team. The 3rd best player to have ever played in the Premiership(behind fake Ronaldo and Henry.), Yaya's an amazing player, on form the most complete central midfielder in the world but Aguero has the "X-Factor" the day he signed I changed my name, I knew we had arrived, no longer signing players just for the money. He'll go on to smash our all time goal record.
He would have to go some Goater doesn't even feature in our top 10 goalscorers of all time

Stoned Rose said:
BongoBlue said:
Yaya is not the greatest ever by any means but as others have said, he would very possibly make the City all-time XI. I do think that he would have stood out in previous generations.

No-one else today has his combination of size, pace, strength coupled with incredible touch and footballing nous. On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya. Despite the world-class players that we have: Kompany, Silva etc., only Yaya (and Aguero to a slightly lesser extent) have the "fear factor" to other clubs.

What manure, Chelski and especially Arsenal wouldn't do for a player like him. The nearest thing to Vieira in the game today. It is no coincidence that Arse have won nothing since he left.

So yeah, he's pretty damn good. Sometimes frustrating and lazy, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when his name is on the team-sheet.

On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya.[/i]

Bayern Munich at home and Borussia Dortmund at home both say you are wrong.

I said "on his day". He wasn't exactly "on his day" those evenings. Plus he was largely on his own against those sides anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.