Yaya

We all know that YAYA without the ball is a 5/10 player and with the ball he is mainly a 9/10 but today with the ball is was probably one of his worst showing for his ability, but you can't be top of your game everytime you play

quiet_riot said:
Today was a prime example of why Yaya is the single most frustrating player at City.

Not really, Pete. It was just one of those games in a season where he's been incredible. Even the very, very best have days off.

jay_mcfc said:
quiet_riot said:
Today was a prime example of why Yaya is the single most frustrating player at City.

Not really, Pete. It was just one of those games in a season where he's been incredible. Even the very, very best have days off.

Exactly.

Hes been absolutely stellar this season, against the Rags and Fulham before and Hull. Hes allowed one day of being average.

Ill start to worry if hes poor against Southampton.

I'm more inclined to agree with quiet riot here. Yes every players have off days but you have to look at why the player has an off day. Silva for example didn't have the best of second halves but that wasn't down to a lack of effort, it was just that the things he tried didn't happen to come off - that happens. Yaya on the other hand had a complete stinker the whole game and it wasn't because things just weren't coming off it looked to be either down to lazyness or tiredness. You could see he was slacking in the first half and I thought he might just be letting the game pan out and biding his time before getting involved, but the game just completely passed him by. So disappointing but a weeks rest will do him good hopefully

He's only human.(and in his early 30's)

Just one of those games/days.

He looked jaded.

If you consider the effort and work he put in against United, he's allowed an off day.

Hopefully a weeks rest will see him back to his best against Southampton.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I'm more inclined to agree with quiet riot here. Yes every players have off days but you have to look at why the player has an off day. Silva for example didn't have the best of second halves but that wasn't down to a lack of effort, it was just that the things he tried didn't happen to come off - that happens. Yaya on the other hand had a complete stinker the whole game and it wasn't because things just weren't coming off it looked to be either down to lazyness or tiredness. You could see he was slacking in the first half and I thought he might just be letting the game pan out and biding his time before getting involved, but the game just completely passed him by. So disappointing but a weeks rest will do him good hopefully

Al you normally speak a lot of sense but I can't be having this. He had an off game, you can tell it was an off game by his passing, he's usually phenomenal at keeping possession but yesterday he lost the ball in easy situations on numerous occasions. I think tiredness is a legit reason to be honest, bearing in mind the position he plays, his age and the fact he rarely misses any minutes nevermind games.

I also find it quite sad that after all he has done for us some fans still pedal the 'lazy' attribute at him. He deserves a lot more respect than that.

jay_mcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Al you normally speak a lot of sense but I can't be having this. He had an off game, you can tell it was an off game by his passing, he's usually phenomenal at keeping possession but yesterday he lost the ball in easy situations on numerous occasions. I think tiredness is a legit reason to be honest, bearing in mind the position he plays, his age and the fact he rarely misses any minutes nevermind games.

I also find it quite sad that after all he has done for us some fans still pedal the 'lazy' attribute at him. He deserves a lot more respect than that.

But he can and often is lazy jay, he's even said himself that he can't always motivate himself against lesser teams and it shows too often. Arsenal aren't a lesser team, even an injury depleted one, but it looked yesterday that at times (you could say a lot of the time) that he was being complacent. As for him misplacing passes and 'losing the ball in easy situations on numerous situations', I'd say that's as much down to mental lazyness and complacency than anything. He's too good to be doing that. A couple of times yes but not over and over again

We can moan as much as we like about Yaya's performance yesterday, but I think the manager has to shoulder the blame for not bringing on Garcia and pushing him forward earlier or even substituting him. The game was there to win yesterday, credit to Arsenal for raising their game, but we didn't show the same commitment 2nd half.

Ya Ya's "laziness" is measured by the sweat on his shirt at the end of the game, and I have never seen him - or any other City player - come off the pitch wearing a shirt that wouldn't fill a large bucket if you were to wring it out. He wasn't at his best yesterday. He didn't destroy the team in fourth place on the ground where no team has beaten them in the league since the first day of the season. But who would we have chosen in his place? Who would have given us what he gave us yesterday? How would you feel when a City side without Ya Ya was announced over the loud speakers?

jay_mcfc said:
quiet_riot said:

Yes but he does tend to have a few off days, not just the odd one. Generally they are against the 'lower' sides so we can get by, but yesterday we needed him on form against a good side. I'm not having a go at him, more surprised as he is usually even better against the top sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.