Yaya

jrb said:
He's only human.(and in his early 30's)

Just one of those games/days.

He looked jaded.

If you consider the effort and work he put in against United, he's allowed an off day.

Hopefully a weeks rest will see him back to his best against Southampton.

Against Southampton??? The game will pass him by.. Any doubts, watch last years match at St.Mary's..

Yaya is one of the best City players I've ever seen and I've been going since the early 80s. To hear people giving him shit on here is either tourists or just knobs!! The lad is human and even maradona, zidane etc had the odd bad game. I'd rather him a bit off yesterday and him firing for the bin dippers

vmsuhail said:
jrb said:
He's only human.(and in his early 30's)

Just one of those games/days.

He looked jaded.

If you consider the effort and work he put in against United, he's allowed an off day.

Hopefully a weeks rest will see him back to his best against Southampton.

Against Southampton??? The game will pass him by.. Any doubts, watch last years match at St.Mary's..

And the away game the year before (and the home game the year before too for that matter).

mrjxf14 said:
ya ya and nasri didnt turn yesterday..............so why didnt pellergrini not see this and sub them when it was obvious what was going on ?

Yaya should have played in a midfield three yesterday in my opinion and Nasri should never have started, Jovetic should have.

He did his job against Arsenal yesterday as a central midfielder, kept things neat and tidy and fulfilled his defensive duties well. People forget that when he goes on his marauding runs bagging goals and assists it is just a bonus to his game, it's not his duty. Yesterday, he completed his role in the team and put in a good shift. We can't ask for a goal/assist every week, especially at the Emirates.

Never forget the role he played at Barcelona, that is still the same player we signed. Seriously, the expectations people have for him is ridiculous at times, presuming that if he doesn't burst past 3 or 4 players every 10 minutes or so then he's had a poor game. Not to mention that yesterday we played a 4-2-3-1 meaning he had 3 midfielders ahead of him, meaning he had less reason to bomb forward than normal in comparison to our more traditional 4-2-2

Our most important player this season, he has scored vital goals and put in world class performances.

He has been run into the ground, he looked dead tired at the Emirates.

A weeks rest will do him the world of good and I'm sure he will be back to his best for the southampton game, and again good rest for the liverpool away.

I'm looking forward to him and expect him to run riot

sam-caddick said:
mrjxf14 said:
ya ya and nasri didnt turn yesterday..............so why didnt pellergrini not see this and sub them when it was obvious what was going on ?

Yaya should have played in a midfield three yesterday in my opinion and Nasri should never have started, Jovetic should have.

Thing is, you push Yaya forward and play 2 in behind him, you HAVE to push Silva wide. We've seen these last 2 games how much more effective Dave is centrally.

Hard decision to make.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Enjoy him whilst he's here. I get the feeling he'll be at PSG next year.

Why? He's not long signed a new contract, he's winning trophies and has his brother living nearby all whilst earning more money than any person could ever need. Why on earth is he going to leave?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.