Yaya

Hamann Pineapple said:
Enjoy him whilst he's here. I get the feeling he'll be at PSG next year.

funny-gifs-haha-good-one.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5W7Xn7FiA[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 am --<br /><br />
Hamann Pineapple said:
Enjoy him whilst he's here. I get the feeling he'll be at PSG next year.

[bigimg]http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif[/bigimg]

ForzaMancini said:
He did his job against Arsenal yesterday as a central midfielder, kept things neat and tidy and fulfilled his defensive duties well. People forget that when he goes on his marauding runs bagging goals and assists it is just a bonus to his game, it's not his duty. Yesterday, he completed his role in the team and put in a good shift. We can't ask for a goal/assist every week, especially at the Emirates.

Never forget the role he played at Barcelona, that is still the same player we signed. Seriously, the expectations people have for him is ridiculous at times, presuming that if he doesn't burst past 3 or 4 players every 10 minutes or so then he's had a poor game. Not to mention that yesterday we played a 4-2-3-1 meaning he had 3 midfielders ahead of him, meaning he had less reason to bomb forward than normal in comparison to our more traditional 4-2-2
Excellent post.spot on.

I love Yaya, but if Paris came along and said there's £50m-£60m I would snap their arm off.

Much as we don't want to think about it, we do have to start addressing a team without Yaya in it sooner than later, considering his age.

Another 12 months, and we don't want to fall into the trap United have of not making decisions on their midfield legends.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I love Yaya, but if Paris came along and said there's £50m-£60m I would snap their arm off.

Much as we don't want to think about it, we do have to start addressing a team without Yaya in it sooner than later, considering his age.

Another 12 months, and we don't want to fall into the trap United have of not making decisions on their midfield legends.

Hopefully the central midfielder we sign in the summer will be of an age and standard to make the transition seamless alongside Fernandinho and Zucculini. Although whoever it is I don't think there will be a player quite like YaYa, Having said that Fernandinho could provide a forward threat with somebody sitting behind him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

We don't want to fall into that trap and should recruiting a young, potential successor but it is not time to let Yaya go.

I'm sending Zin round to have a word ;-)

blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hopefully the central midfielder we sign in the summer will be of an age and standard to make the transition seamless alongside Fernandinho and Zucculini. Although whoever it is I don't think there will be a player quite like YaYa, Having said that Fernandinho could provide a forward threat with somebody sitting behind him.

There's always someone out there, although you also have to remember Fernandinho is closer to his 30s, than mid-20s.

Thankfully, he will be like many Brazilians of the Cafu nature, who will defy the sands of time and remain at a top level.

We missed a real trick not throwing £150k a week at Pogba when we had the chance, Vieira had already told City to get the lad.

He was a free transfer, too. Now it will cost the money you would get for Yaya, simply because you are also buying his potential.

If there is any sense of a slight drop-off from Yaya over the next 12 months, we need to be clever.

Funnily enough, Yaya is one guy I could see enjoying his final playing days in New York. He would be huge over there and we could easily justify paying ourselves £50m for the privilege.

Perhaps, like Beckham, bring him back in the off-season.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

There's always someone out there, although you also have to remember Fernandinho is closer to his 30s, than mid-20s.

Thankfully, he will be like many Brazilians of the Cafu nature, who will defy the sands of time and remain at a top level.

We missed a real trick not throwing £150k a week at Pogba when we had the chance, Vieira had already told City to get the lad.

He was a free transfer, too. Now it will cost the money you would get for Yaya, simply because you are also buying his potential.

If there is any sense of a slight drop-off from Yaya over the next 12 months, we need to be clever.

Funnily enough, Yaya is one guy I could see enjoying his final playing days in New York. He would be huge over there and we could easily justify paying ourselves £50m for the privilege.

That sort of thing must be part of the plans. Send some of our stars over there towards the end of their careers but loan one or two back in January to help with the fixture congestion.

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueparrot said:

That sort of thing must be part of the plans. Send some of our stars over there towards the end of their careers but loan one or two back in January to help with the fixture congestion.
Do they have similar financial systems as FFP in the MLS?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.