Yaya

Kun Aguero said:
Big game player.

Watch him deliver on Sunday.

The Ivorian death tank will drag us to the title.

Big game player, shame he doesn't deliver half the time against the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff, Aston Villa etc. When he's on form he's unstoppable, when he ain't, he's just an arm waving sulking turd. Fingers crossed it's the big game player that turns up...

ChichesterBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Big game player.

Big game player, shame he doesn't deliver half the time against the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff, Aston Villa etc. When he's on form he's unstoppable, when he ain't, he's just an arm waving sulking turd. Fingers crossed it's the big game player that turns up...

Well Sunday is a pretty big game............

ChichesterBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Big game player.

Is there not 10. Other players on the pitch that should be performing too when things rant all rosy !! are we a one man team!!

Where is the mans best position!! Defensive midfield ,, decent but not a lot of impact , attacking midfield , scores more then plenty, given the fact he only gets the go ahead to push foreword the last 20 mind !!!
It's like having 2 subs come on when Garcia comes on, one to sure up the back ( IMO better then Yaya) and one hell of a striking option

Kun Aguero said:
Big game player.

Could be the difference between winning or losing,although liverpool have gerrard and suarez,we have yaya,kun,kompany or silva.....

Ya Ya

FA cup semi final - Biggest win in my life as city fan - scored the wining goal (this day was the turning point - when we turned into a team who could beat anyone)
FA Cup final - first trophy as a city fan scored the winning goal
Newcastle away - two goals - pivotal game as important as Kompany's goal against Utd. Also set up Zab's first goal against QPR.
League Cup - equaliser. Changed the whole tone to the game (we were all right miserable till he scored fearing another Wigan)

In my eyes Leg!

(Ok I've had a few beers but still.. don't think I've seen better since I started going in 83-84)

FantasyIreland said:
Simply has neither the mobility,agility,stamina or aggression to be the midfield general we are missing.

My biggest disappointment so far.

Funny comment haha. Not trying to make fun of anyone but I didn't remember people doubting Toure when he first came.

Hopefully that bodes well for some of our summer signings, especially Paulinho haha.

Didsbury Dave said:
Simon, I'm going to get slated for this but to me he's a big problem. We play him as the attacking midfielder, middle of the three. He is one of the big reasons why our build up play is so ponderous and slow. He is slow on the ball and a very negative passer. I don't think his vision's brilliant. I don't think he finds space very well.

He's got something, you can see that. At home he becomes the target for the goal kicks and wins a few. When he gets going, like a supertanker, he can shift. But these runs he makes are rarely productive. I had really high hopes for him when he arrived as his passing in the pre-season looked superb. He can hit the ball too, but rarely accurately.

I don't think he fits well into the premiership due to the amount of time he appears to need on the ball - the same way that Robinho couldn't. Obviously he's a hugely different player but it's the pace and directness of the premiership which some players can't cope with.

I can't really see where he fits in our system either. He's be better in a 4-4-2 or on the right side of a midfield diamond.

Controversial I know, but I think he fills the space Silva should be in, particularly at home. I think when AJ returns we should look to drop him. I know many thing he should play alongside NDJ, and I know he's played there in the past, but he hasn't really impressed me when he's played there either.

A disappointing signing for me if I'm honest. Yesterday encapsulated all my points above to me.

Funny reading this stuff years later. There's wrong and then there's very very wrong! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.