Yaya

Blueband Brother said:
Ray78 said:
We have got to find competition for his place in the City side. Hopefully this summer we will get our wish.

That will be exceedingly difficult as he is still the best midfielder in the world and a unique talent.

However,his performance today and some games this season is absolutely criminal. He did not do his talent and the club any justice this season. Hopefully the new manager will sort him out because my frustrations have started to get the better of me, and serious contemplation about risk : benefit ratio has began to appear in the horizons of my mind.

With all due respect mate, Yaya really isn't the best midfielder in the world. What's more pertinent however is if he will remain, what sort of player is best to partner him with? Midfield, like central defence, needs good players, but they ultimately must form a superior unit.

I think just not having his starting place contractually obligated should see an upturn in performance but who knows.

At 30 was it a mistake by the club to offer him a 4 year deal? I mean if he's knackered now. what's he going to be like at 32 or 33 ? The timing wasn't great, his agent was making threats at a time the rags were pulling away from us and we were desparate. If that was happening now on the back of these poor performances I wonder if the club would listen to offers ? One things for sure he needs a rest followed by a strict fitness program to get him ready for next season....and a new attitude.

We need to rely on him less....and bench him a few times a season as well. If we get Fernandinho, i think we still need another good DM. Barry is getting on, Rodwell will miss some games with injuries and Garcia....well, hopefully sold.

If he doesn't improve and keeps being lazy, I hope Pellegrini has the balls to drop him like he did with Riquelme.

Been fucking dire this season bar a couple of matches.

adrianr said:
Blueband Brother said:
Ray78 said:
We have got to find competition for his place in the City side. Hopefully this summer we will get our wish.

That will be exceedingly difficult as he is still the best midfielder in the world and a unique talent.

However,his performance today and some games this season is absolutely criminal. He did not do his talent and the club any justice this season. Hopefully the new manager will sort him out because my frustrations have started to get the better of me, and serious contemplation about risk : benefit ratio has began to appear in the horizons of my mind.

With all due respect mate, Yaya really isn't the best midfielder in the world. What's more pertinent however is if he will remain, what sort of player is best to partner him with? Midfield, like central defence, needs good players, but they ultimately must form a superior unit.

I think just not having his starting place contractually obligated should see an upturn in performance but who knows.

I disagree with your disagreement but agree that we can both agree to disagree in terms of yaya. He is one of the best players in the world (top 5) but the ability to show this is hampered by his almost pathogenic indolence and apparent disinterest. Sometimes it dawns on me that the reality and glaring truth that is been continuously dismissed in the subconscious of most but still keeps fighting for respect is this: Yaya toure is not a midfielder, he is a supporting striker. This is obviously up for debate and I still see him as a midfielder.

He is obviously talented enough to play midfield and even defense but he does not tackle, cannot track back and is a risk without strong midfield cover. Perhaps this is the only solution to the Yaya conundrum, play him upfront behind a striker with two attacking midfielders on either side then get solid unit of midfielders that can be at the center: Milner, Rodwell, and maybe bring in another top class player like, i dont know, people say Ferdinandinho but Im not sure.

Ill be glad if we go back for De Rossi.

Yaya has been a waste of space on too many occasions this season.

Okay Yaya has not been at his best this season, but that can be said for a lot of the squad.

So the people saying he should fcuk off, would you rather him be transfer listed and have Chelsea, Arsenal, manure etc come in for him and him actually move to one of those clubs !!!!

What we actually need is the players in the midfield that allow Yaya to push and stay further forward. Get Fernandinho in and get Rodwell fit and ready for a full season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.