Yaya

Ill be glad if we go back for De Rossi

A certain ex manager will have steam coming out of his ears if that happens

Goater=Legend said:
I've noticed a lot tgis season that he doesn't track runners. There are times when we are defending and the opposition will just run in behind him and he will just switch off which leaves glaring holes in the middle of the pitch.

Noticed this a couple times today. He'll start running with a player and after about 2 seconds he'll just slow down to a slow trot. Doesn't matter if hes marking a player with a free run inside the 18 or on the other half of the pitch.

Blueband Brother said:
adrianr said:
Blueband Brother said:
That will be exceedingly difficult as he is still the best midfielder in the world and a unique talent.

However,his performance today and some games this season is absolutely criminal. He did not do his talent and the club any justice this season. Hopefully the new manager will sort him out because my frustrations have started to get the better of me, and serious contemplation about risk : benefit ratio has began to appear in the horizons of my mind.

With all due respect mate, Yaya really isn't the best midfielder in the world. What's more pertinent however is if he will remain, what sort of player is best to partner him with? Midfield, like central defence, needs good players, but they ultimately must form a superior unit.

I think just not having his starting place contractually obligated should see an upturn in performance but who knows.

I disagree with your disagreement but agree that we can both agree to disagree in terms of yaya. He is one of the best players in the world (top 5) but the ability to show this is hampered by his almost pathogenic indolence and apparent disinterest. Sometimes it dawns on me that the reality and glaring truth that is been continuously dismissed in the subconscious of most but still keeps fighting for respect is this: Yaya toure is not a midfielder, he is a supporting striker. This is obviously up for debate and I still see him as a midfielder.

He is obviously talented enough to play midfield and even defense but he does not tackle, cannot track back and is a risk without strong midfield cover. Perhaps this is the only solution to the Yaya conundrum, play him upfront behind a striker with two attacking midfielders on either side then get solid unit of midfielders that can be at the center: Milner, Rodwell, and maybe bring in another top class player like, i dont know, people say Ferdinandinho but Im not sure.

Ill be glad if we go back for De Rossi.

Xavi, Iniesta, Vidal, Schweinsteiger and Fabregas are all better. Yaya needs two players behind him to function best, Fernandinho may be the missing component to utilise him best but sound competition for starting place wouldn't go amiss. Said this at start of season to be honest.

I don't necessarily agree with those that say Yaya is at his best when in an advanced position. For me, he's at his best when the game is stretched, he's not as creative or incisive as a Silva or even Nasri, so he shouldn't start in attacking midfield.

Furthermore, he doesn't actually run at the opposition that often and his runs are only really effective when the game is stretch and he's afforded that space to run into.

His passing from deep is good but when he's off it, it's really, really bad. As for his defensive work, well, that's downright awful.

Giving him that contract was a mistake for me because I don't see how we can build a side that will challenge in Europe that includes him.

A poor season finished today with a poor performance.

Hopefully he'll come back next season and actually try otherwise it could be a long 4 years with his new contract.

NipHolmes said:
Blueband Brother said:
adrianr said:
With all due respect mate, Yaya really isn't the best midfielder in the world. What's more pertinent however is if he will remain, what sort of player is best to partner him with? Midfield, like central defence, needs good players, but they ultimately must form a superior unit.

I think just not having his starting place contractually obligated should see an upturn in performance but who knows.

I disagree with your disagreement but agree that we can both agree to disagree in terms of yaya. He is one of the best players in the world (top 5) but the ability to show this is hampered by his almost pathogenic indolence and apparent disinterest. Sometimes it dawns on me that the reality and glaring truth that is been continuously dismissed in the subconscious of most but still keeps fighting for respect is this: Yaya toure is not a midfielder, he is a supporting striker. This is obviously up for debate and I still see him as a midfielder.

He is obviously talented enough to play midfield and even defense but he does not tackle, cannot track back and is a risk without strong midfield cover. Perhaps this is the only solution to the Yaya conundrum, play him upfront behind a striker with two attacking midfielders on either side then get solid unit of midfielders that can be at the center: Milner, Rodwell, and maybe bring in another top class player like, i dont know, people say Ferdinandinho but Im not sure.

Xavi, Iniesta, Vidal, Schweinsteiger and Fabregas are all better. Yaya needs two players behind him to function best, Fernandinho may be the missing component to utilise him best but sound competition for starting place wouldn't go amiss. Said this at start of season to be honest.

Iniesta is maybe better but Yaya is definitely better than the others you mentioned. In fact those players cannot stand with him. The other players are certainly more hard working though.

Blueband Brother said:
NipHolmes said:
Blueband Brother said:

Iniesta is maybe better but Yaya is definitely better than the others you mentioned. In fact those players cannot stand with him. The other players are certainly more hard working though.
Woah woah woah, steady there. He may be better than two of them, but not Xavi or Schweinsteiger

Blueband Brother said:
NipHolmes said:
Blueband Brother said:

I strongly and vehemently disagree. I'd even say Mata has an argument as better than him. There's a difference to 'on his day' and consistently through a campaign.

NipHolmes said:
Blueband Brother said:
adrianr said:

Sorry mate, but Iniesta is the only one there who would be classed as "better". Fabregas and Schweinsteiger are nowhere near it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.