yaya.....

City Raider said:
not sure we've ever had a player whose performances fluctuate so much and with such a difference between his best and his average performances
Very rarely has a bad performance though . His average is better than most players.

Yesterday was for me is poorest performance in his 3 seasons with us. Do I forgive him? Of course I do, he was his usual excellent self in the other two games last week.
Anyone can have a bad day and YaYa's well overdue a shocker. Every week the Opposition view posts mention Toure as the player they most covet, even with some of our other world class players.
When it was all in the balance in Jan/Feb 12 I knew he would be instrumental on the run in when back from the ANC, and so it proved. World Class performance at Newcastle, totally owned and swatted aside Phil F. Jones in the 1-0 derby win, and the moment he went off against QPR it almost all went totally wrong.
Noones perfect but YaYa is our big game player .

Judge Roughneck said:
Yesterday was for me is poorest performance in his 3 seasons with us. Do I forgive him? Of course I do, he was his usual excellent self in the other two games last week.
Anyone can have a bad day and YaYa's well overdue a shocker. Every week the Opposition view posts mention Toure as the player they most covet, even with some of our other world class players.
When it was all in the balance in Jan/Feb 12 I knew he would be instrumental on the run in when back from the ANC, and so it proved. World Class performance at Newcastle, totally owned and swatted aside Phil F. Jones in the 1-0 derby win, and the moment he went off against QPR it almost all went totally wrong.
Noones perfect but YaYa is our big game player .

And therein lies the very problem "he's a big game player" but often fails to turn up against the so called smaller, easier teams. And because he's the captain it's just not acceptable in my opinion. Perhaps we just play him in the games he considers big and then give someone who gives a shit there chance in all the others......

I don't think Yaya should be our captain.
Captain should motivate other players, get in their face if they're screwing up, crack some heads in worst case scenarios. He does not do it, and if he did on a day like yesterday, who would take him seriously considering he was not motivated either.
I don't know who's the best for that role with our current roster... I wish there was an English playing regular on the team, that would be perfect. In absence of that we need someone that cares about winning EVERY game and can motivate others.
Alas, we just don't have one. Vinny is best we have, but I fear he's too nice. Plus his injuries of late mean we need an acceptable back up.

I think Zaba could do it, if instructed so by the manager. Zaba is a pro, he'd do what's required.
If not him, who else?

pogrom92 said:
Captain should motivate other players, get in their face if they're screwing up, crack some heads in worst case scenarios. He does not do it, and if he did on a day like yesterday, who would take him seriously considering he was not motivated either.
I don't know who's the best for that role with our current roster... I wish there was an English playing regular on the team, that would be perfect. In absence of that we need someone that cares about winning EVERY game and can motivate others.
Alas, we just don't have one. Vinny is best we have, but I fear he's too nice. Plus his injuries of late mean we need an acceptable back up.

I think Zaba could do it, if instructed so by the manager. Zaba is a pro, he'd do what's required.
If not him, who else?

There lies the problem there is not many leaders in our squad. Demichelis could do a job but the only concern his command of English and with him being at the club since the end of August.

pogrom92 said:

If not him, who else?

Totally agree he should not be (stand in captain). Closest he gets to motivating his team mates is to start flapping his arms about if someone doesn't get to one of his mis placed passes.

Some may think this a petty point but if I get up at 7.30am on a Sunday morning, travel up to Sunderland, get home at 8.30pm and £150 lighter for my troubles, the least I can expect from the captain of the team I support is to walk a few yards over to the City fans and applaud us for our support. I could even expect him to urge a few others to do the same. But no, just like in the cup final v Wigan, he can't be arsed.

For such a big strong guy he never seems to get into the box for headers from crosses, he just waits outside the box. I think this is part of our problem, when Navas was firing in crosses into a crowded box it was normally one or perhaps two of our players in there. Big fuckers like Yaya should be in the middle of that but he just doesn't. Neither do many of our players tbh and I think that needs to change.

MC ID said:
For such a big strong guy he never seems to get into the box for headers from crosses, he just waits outside the box. I think this is part of our problem, when Navas was firing in crosses into a crowded box it was normally one or perhaps two of our players in there. Big fuckers like Yaya should be in the middle of that but he just doesn't. Neither do many of our players tbh and I think that needs to change.

YAYA is not in the box whaiting for croses because a few players needs to be at the back. Especialy when Lescott, Nastasic, and Garcia are in the box.
But nevertheless he is one of TOP 5 players in his position in the world. Go YAYA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.