yaya.....

Lavinda Past said:
One of the few players that I would pay just to see them warm up.

The guy is f*ckin AWESOME. On his day, he's more important to us than Sergio and Vinnie put together.

He won the cup for us, and his performance at Newcastle was THE catalyst for our title win.

If we didn't have him, we'd be wishing he was with us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the answer to the question to opposition fans, which City player they would have is Yaya

I actually think both Vinny and Silva are our most important players. On his day Yaya is fantastic but he doesn't always drive the team on which he is more than capable of.

The comments on here seem to be one extreme or the other, but I don't think anyone would like to see him playing elsewhere.

I just think he shouldn't start every game but at the moment it is hard to leave him out when you look at which players are available. I don't think he should be captain because he is far too easy going. If he was leading by example on Sunday then it looked like Richards was following him.

He won us the FA Cup but he was one of the reasons we didn't win it last year against Wigan. He was instrumental in helping us win the league, but again his lack of being up for a battle sometimes is why we aren't winning away. At other times he runs with the ball and is unstoppable through a packed defence or midfield.

I think if he was dropped to the bench for a few games he would come back a better player for us. Unfortunately with Fernandinho out and Rodwell being a perma-crock we don't have that option at the moment. This is why we need another central midfielder who can play box to box, so Yaya and Fernandinho can be rested from time to time. Is a midfield two of Garcia, Rodwell or Milner good enough against some of these teams in the league ?

All in all, I'm glad Yaya is at City but we need top quality cover for him and he ain't getting any younger.

His passing is superb, and his free-kicks have definitely come on this season, he'd be a great weapon at times to come from the bench, but we have to have a strong enough options in midfield so he can be rested.

Jimfv1 said:
I think if he was dropped to the bench for a few games he would come back a better player for us. Unfortunately with Fernandinho out and Rodwell being a perma-crock we don't have that option at the moment. This is why we need another central midfielder who can play box to box, so Yaya and Fernandinho can be rested from time to time. Is a midfield two of Garcia, Rodwell or Milner good enough against some of these teams in the league ?

All in all, I'm glad Yaya is at City but we need top quality cover for him and he ain't getting any younger.

Fernandinho's natural role is box-to-box. So if we upgraded on Garcia for a deep lying midfielder/DM then we can naturally rest Yaya for some games without much drop in quality.

Train said:
Jimfv1 said:

Fernandinho's natural role is box-to-box. So if we upgraded on Garcia for a deep lying midfielder/DM then we can naturally rest Yaya for some games without much drop in quality.

I think it would be better to sign box to box midfielders because they are more flexible in their role, if they can score the odd goal then it would help our strikers also, because Silva and Nasri don't score enough for me. Having Fernandinho alongside Yaya means if the are intelligent enough, either can move forward when allowed, whereas a purely defensive midfielder would get a nose bleed if he ventures too far up the pitch and then turns back to play a short ball and slow down the attack even more.

In an ideal world, Vidal, Pogba or Gundogan, but maybe Matuidi is the only likely option.

football-fan said:
SuperYaya said:
onceabluealways said:
Other than scoring some free kicks and the Rags at home - Can someone tell me tha last good game he had.

He is one of the most overated players on the planet

He's played well in some games, but I agree with you overall.

He's definitely had a few poor games, then scored a free kick near the end and made it into Garth Crook's team of the week.

Garth Crooks just has a man crush on him though.

YAYA is one of the BEST midfielders in the WORLD. He is the real leader in City. He took responsability when nobody could not and score a goal numerous of times. I just can not believe that there is somebody who can say that YAYA is overated. hehehehe ?? And yes Africa player of a year.

Sorry just don't see it - he CAN be and usually is awesome for the big games.

Lets look at a few things - CL last two seasons, one of the reasons our record is so poor that Yaya is poor when we do not have possesion which against the better European teams is more than the prem. This puts a lot more pressure on our defense. Away fixtures this season when we need some one to step up and be counted - where has he been ( not just blaming him, but he is on £250k a week)?

When was the last time he made one of those marauding runs?

Hands up - his free kicks have been immense this season and when we are in possesion he very rarely gives the ball away but doeasn't exactly come in with lots of assist.

he is a very good player who can be unstoppable when on song - but when we haven't got the ball he is very poor at times

football-fan said:
MC ID said:
For such a big strong guy he never seems to get into the box for headers from crosses, he just waits outside the box. I think this is part of our problem, when Navas was firing in crosses into a crowded box it was normally one or perhaps two of our players in there. Big fuckers like Yaya should be in the middle of that but he just doesn't. Neither do many of our players tbh and I think that needs to change.

YAYA is not in the box whaiting for croses because a few players needs to be at the back. Especialy when Lescott, Nastasic, and Garcia are in the box.
But nevertheless he is one of TOP 5 players in his position in the world. Go YAYA

Crosses, not corners. If lescott, nasty and garcia are attacking the box when kolarov and navas are firing crosses in from open play I think I've found the cause of our defensive problem

pogrom92 said:
I don't think Yaya should be our captain.
Captain should motivate other players, get in their face if they're screwing up, crack some heads in worst case scenarios. He does not do it, and if he did on a day like yesterday, who would take him seriously considering he was not motivated either.
I don't know who's the best for that role with our current roster... I wish there was an English playing regular on the team, that would be perfect. In absence of that we need someone that cares about winning EVERY game and can motivate others.
Alas, we just don't have one. Vinny is best we have, but I fear he's too nice. Plus his injuries of late mean we need an acceptable back up.

I think Zaba could do it, if instructed so by the manager. Zaba is a pro, he'd do what's required.
If not him, who else?

Zab for me. Yaya is too laid-back to be captain. Let's not knock him in others ways though because we are extremely lucky to have him at City. Not only a great player but conducts himself with dignity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.