Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a player in world football like Yaya. We should cherish his brilliance while we can. If he goes at the end of the season, then we should give him a huge send off against Arsenal. As a player who has scored goals at vital times for us, it would be fitting if his last home game for us ended Arsenal's premier league challenge and propelled us onward to the title.

Nah, I'm gonna have to disagree a bit. The real key is intense pressure on the wings. Dihno really changed the game with his play. It's s lot easier to defend in the middle when the options are not there on the outside for the midfielder with the ball.

Almost every time the ball went to the right back or Right mid, you just saw Dihno fly out from outside of the screen to close it down.

Sterling was similar in the left but not as intense or consistent. If we can do this with Delph and Dihno on the flank, you could play with Silva and Yaya in the middle and it wouldn't matter. This is not to underplay how well Nando played, as I thought he was Motm for the game. Bit it was way easier for him to close down in the middle, coz the options were always predictable.

He stole 3 balls doing this and Ota stole 3 more too. All that was the knock on effect of Dihno and to a lesser extent Sterling.

I really would like to see a middle 4 with Silva and Yaya flanked by Dihno and Delph. Sterling in a free role Behind Aguero.

Contrary to popular opinion here, I think that team would crush most teams in the league.

I refuse to believe this is serious. Dax, could you possibly reassure me that you're having me on.

If - by some weird chance - you are being genuine (you can't be, surely) then what exactly do you envision with a midfield like that? How the fook would that work against competent opposition?

EDIT: Okay, you're being serious. Can I get a lesson in your madness please?

Last edited:
There isn't a player in world football like Yaya. We should cherish his brilliance while we can. If he goes at the end of the season, then we should give him a huge send off against Arsenal. As a player who has scored goals at vital times for us, it would be fitting if his last home game for us ended Arsenal's premier league challenge and propelled us onward to the title.

It was great to get a glimpse of the old Yaya. I've been a City fan for coming on 50 years and he has been one of the very greatest City players I have seen. Age catches up to us all, (or in my case, overtakes me and then laps me to take the piss) and I don't think he will be here next season. I'm sure the stadium will rise as one to its feet.

When he goes it will be with all our thanks. A few more cameo performances like Kiev would be great.

It was great to get a glimpse of the old Yaya. I've been a City fan for coming on 50 years and he has been one of the very greatest City players I have seen. Age catches up to us all, (or in my case, overtakes me and then laps me to take the piss) and I don't think he will be here next season. I'm sure the stadium will rise as one to its feet.

When he goes it will be with all our thanks. A few more cameo performances like Kiev would be great.
Agreed... Time to see again,good old Yaya we all know !

We have been priviledged to have Yaya. He is a great player with a unique combination of power, awareness and finess that I have never seen before. Some people prefer to focus on his weaknesses rather than strengths.

He never was nor will be a midfield dynamo but his ability to control a game and with an end product is a rare talent. Almost the opposite of James Milner. Yaya is towards the end of his career but still has plenty to offer if allowances are made to accommodate him. He will frustrate but we should enjoy what he offers while we can.

This all day bro

I refuse to believe this is serious. Dax, could you possibly reassure me that you're having me on.

If - by some weird chance - you are being genuine (you can't be, surely) then what exactly do you envision with a midfield like that? How the fook would that work against competent opposition?

EDIT: Okay, you're being serious. Can I get a lesson in your madness please?
It's the Pep in me. Here is how we'll do it.

Improved ball possesion without to best ball possessors in the middle. Increased pressure on the outside forcing the opposition to play mostly in the middle.

Sterling in a free role running off Aguero. Defensively, We'd be less on the receiving end with our superior possession and ll win more possession in the opposition's half more with Dihnos aggressive press. I'm assuming here that Delph is almost as good as Dihno at pressing.

I know this flies in the face of conventional wisdom. But the best coaches often think outside the box.

Simply wearing my Pep cap here :)

It's the Pep in me. Here is how we'll do it.

Improved ball possesion without to best ball possessors in the middle. Increased pressure on the outside forcing the opposition to play mostly in the middle.

Sterling in a free role running off Aguero. Defensively, We'd be less on the receiving end with our superior possession and ll win more possession in the opposition's half more with Dihnos aggressive press. I'm assuming here that Delph is almost as good as Dihno at pressing.

I know this flies in the face of conventional wisdom. But the best coaches often think outside the box.

Simply wearing my Pep cap here :)

I agree with the sentiment regarding tactics and thinking out of the box.

But you're right; Toure and Silva as pivotes flies right in the face of conventional wisdom. And it certainly isn't the Pep in you that came up with such a flimsy midfield centre (I know that's not what you meant by 'Pep in you though.) If you were to pull this off, it would break new ground in football, surely. Forcing the enemy through your centre, the most dangerous area of any battlefield. That's some Hannibal shit mate :D

I just don't see it working, (maybe for a specific match?) but am intrigued and if you were ever to write up a piece on this idea, with some more detailed info on the tactical mechanics and references to real football.... I would bloody love to read it. I like your panache, but I perhaps lack the vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.