YaYa's 1st Goal Newcastle

DTKOAG

Is it just me or does everyone keep on watching that goal time & time again.
For me the best goal of the season.

the moment that defined our season imo. disregarding qpr drama, it was this moment when we knew the premiership was ours.
love the emotion on the faces of all the players!!

Such an important victory. Yaya is the player who will be spoke of as a legend when he hangs up his boots. After that Newcastle match even my United mates on Facebook were fawning all over him. One of them simply put, (in a discussion to another United fan), 'Yaya Toure - what a warrior'.

That was one impressive performance that day from the team. A championship winning performance.

WATCH Silva hold Coluccinis hand for a second or two allowing Yaya that space to curl it in to the right corner. I laugh everytime I see it.

The interview with Joleon on the end of season review is great, where he's talking about Yaya saying to him the day before that we are going to win and he's going to 'do something' as if he's already watched the game.

That was the moment hope became belief. I'll remember it forever. I'll never forget that chorus of "We're going to win the league" after it, either.

On TV you can see a clip of Mike summerbee crying straight after the goal. He says to his wife "We're going to win the league" to tell her what the City fans were singing. Then he wips a tear away and says "It's true".

Funnily enough, I was saying exactly that to someone yesterday - the pressure was on at Newcastle, we were 20 mins from our season flopping, time was running out ... and Yaya (monster that he is) just saunters forward from his more defensive role, plays a one-two ... virtually no backlift - doesn't even look asthough he is trying that hard - and bends a stunner round Kruhl to win the game, and ultimately, the English Title.

(Then he popped in a second just for good measure).

Sheer genius. The guy is a force of nature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.