Yes I am going to enjoy this thread.....Sven's signings

My point is all about the way people go on about the dross that Sven signed...it's a myth and imo it's been proven as a myth. Some people still doubt and some people disagree totally; fair enough it's all about opinions.

Elano has 14 goals, probably 10 assists in his 5.8 good games?

And Ben Haim is a decent signing for a couple of million less.

People do talk a lot of shit.

Sven didn't leave us with a lot of crap and the way he transformed the team after taking over Pearce was great.

However the second half of the season showed that the players were inconsistent and on the basis of the second half of last season we would have finished 18th so something was wrong. If Hughes is guilty of not getting the best out of Sven players then he was only carrying on from his predecessor.

Unfortunately this inconsistency from the likes of Elano has continued into this season.

moomba said:
Elano has 14 goals, probably 10 assists in his 5.8 good games?

And Ben Haim is a decent signing for a couple of million less.

People do talk a lot of shit.

Your right, TBH, for the money has been a total bust and when you look at Kompany for pretty much the same figure, its even more shocking. However in fairness him and Berti are the only 2 that haven't performed well so far.

EVIL said:
Revolver said:
Unfortunately this inconsistency from the likes of Elano has continued into this season.

Cue avalanche.

People seem to be ignoring what they see with their own eyes, and using mindless stats to try and prove a non-existent point. Yes, when he's good, Elano's brilliant, but too often he's simply not in the game. A fucking luxury player who needs to show he can do it on a consistent basis before he can be called anything but...

Revolver said:
However the second half of the season showed that the players were inconsistent and on the basis of the second half of last season we would have finished 18th so something was wrong. If Hughes is guilty of not getting the best out of Sven players then he was only carrying on from his predecessor.

I would argue that the entire team, new and old have been inconsistent this season. Ireland is probably the one exception.

DD said:
You see it's all a matter of opinion because I believe that few of Sven's signings are suited to the fraught nature of the English game.

Elano - Vastly over rated. League far too physical for him.
Corluka - Classy defender but too soft centred, too slow and too error prone. We have now got ourselves a better right back in my opinion
Garrido - Getting better but still poor defensively
Fernandes - Uninspiring and not good enough for where we want to be
Petrov - Been a quality buy and has been sorely missed
Bojinov - Who knows?
Bianchi - Didn't look at all suited to the English game
Geovanni - Vastly over rated but scores some good goals
Benjani - Simply not good enough
Castillo - Dear oh dear
Caicedo - Let us not forget until just over a week ago everyone was saying how bad he was.

In my honest opinion, only one of those eleven players is definitely good enough for a top half side, in the physical English Premier League. Two of them, the jury is out on.

I still believe that (although I am far from being a Hughes fan) Leslie was dealt a pretty shit hand and was gift wrapped by far and away the softest team in the league, one that was absolutely certain to be in the relegation mix without major surgery.

Thats funny as fuck that considering city was a top half team last year.

Yes Elano is not the only one who is guilty of inconsistency. Our two central defenders being the glaring examples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.