Yes

I’ve read reports they are already constructing for a new album.
For the first time in my life it will not be an auto buy.
Davidson is not and will never be Jon Anderson.
This is ridiculous really, 1 original member ? I'm surprised Jon and Rick aren't suing.
It's akin to McCartney making a "Beatles" album with Billy Preston.

This is ridiculous really, 1 original member ? I'm surprised Jon and Rick aren't suing.
It's akin to McCartney making a "Beatles" album with Billy Preston.
It is ridiculous Bill.
If they were at least trying to create derivatives of the Classic sound or even trying some brave new ideas.
What we get though is turgid, slow little ditties from Steve and Jon- lite lyrics. No power at all.

It is ridiculous Bill.
If they were at least trying to create derivatives of the Classic sound or even trying some brave new ideas.
What we get though is turgid, slow little ditties from Steve and Jon- lite lyrics. No power at all.
I think it's a joke that they are allowed to use the name Yes. I think Steve has lost his mind carrying on with this very poor show. Surely, he doesn't need the money.

I think it's a joke that they are allowed to use the name Yes. I think Steve has lost his mind carrying on with this very poor show. Surely, he doesn't need the money.
I’m not disagreeing with you gents, but it’s the way of things now and will become more so as the demographic clock ticks. So many many classic era bands have only one surviving performing original link, if that.
The brand names will continue even after all original members have gone, and for reasons which are fairly obvious, namely demand to hear the music (even if they are in essence tribute bands), and cash.
In these respects, “Yes” are no different to many other bands I guess.

I’m not disagreeing with you gents, but it’s the way of things now and will become more so as the demographic clock ticks. So many many classic era bands have only one surviving performing original link, if that.
The brand names will continue even after all original members have gone, and for reasons which are fairly obvious, namely demand to hear the music (even if they are in essence tribute bands), and cash.
I kind of disagree. Some bands have only 1 original member they call themselves something like, Mike Penders Searchers, Barclay James Harvest through the eyes of John Lees etc. I think there is two or three versions of The Hollies all with different names but with the name Hollies in the title. Like Eric Haydock's Hollies.

As I mentioned you don't see McCartney calling himself The Beatles or Dave Gilmore calling himself Pink Floyd.

Don't see how Steve can call himself Yes, even morally. It's just wrong. Steve Howe wasn't even an original member but John Anderson is/was.

It’s more about the product for me Chester although Bill does make a good point about the naming.
Heaven and Dearth plus The Quest are not worthy of the catalogue of Yes in my ears.
I agree we are at the age where so many bands we grew up with continue as a sliver of what we once knew.
Foreigner another example with one member Mick Jones who has even missed tours to illness and they carried on.
Anyway back in point. Maybe I wouldn’t moan if the music was even half decent.:-)
Great discussion though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.