Yes

I went to see Yes perform in a big tent on Liverpool seafront 25 years or so ago. It was the full lineup, with all the original members present and correct.

They nailed it, and it was a memorable night.

You can't ask for more, really. A band producing records you enjoyed listening to as a teenager. You see them live for the first time decades later, and they are every bit as good you'd imagined.

I went to see Yes perform in a big tent on Liverpool seafront 25 years or so ago. It was the full lineup, with all the original members present and correct.

They nailed it, and it was a memorable night.

You can't ask for more, really. A band producing records you enjoyed listening to as a teenager. You see them live for the first time decades later, and they are every bit as good you'd imagined.
Presumably not Brufford on drums.

My daftest Yes story....

I met Rick Wakeman quite a few times when I lived in Norfolk and got to be on nodding terms.

I was doing my bit for charrideee one Christmas and was heavily disguised as Santa Claus in the local Tesco. Surrounded by kids grabbing free sweets, I spotted Rick coming into the store, and called out "Hello Richard, would you like a sweetie?"...

He came across, said "Only my mother calls me Richard" and slouched off in grumpy fashion. He was not happy. I told a group of kids that he was the Grinch.

Yes were a great band in their day.

Lots of positive reviews re the new album “Mirror to the Sky”.
I’ve listened to it a couple of times but I fail to hear how it’s any better than the last two efforts.
“Cut from the Stars” is decent but the rest is just a fudge.
Honestly don't want to listen (never thought I'd say that) I used to worship them like MES with Morrissey.

My daftest Yes story....

I met Rick Wakeman quite a few times when I lived in Norfolk and got to be on nodding terms.

I was doing my bit for charrideee one Christmas and was heavily disguised as Santa Claus in the local Tesco. Surrounded by kids grabbing free sweets, I spotted Rick coming into the store, and called out "Hello Richard, would you like a sweetie?"...

He came across, said "Only my mother calls me Richard" and slouched off in grumpy fashion. He was not happy. I told a group of kids that he was the Grinch.

Yes were a great band in their day.
I met him on Hollywood Blvd about 10 years ago. He was sauntering round one Sunday morning. The people obviously didn't recognise him. I went over to him and had a chat, he seemed really friendly and I got a pic with him. He is a blue btw.
He asked me what my favorite Yes album was, I said Close To The Edge, he said Thank God you didn't say Topographic Potions :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.