Yes

Another tour next year with Steve Howe Geoff Downes.
I really feel they should stop now, it's turning into a tribute band. It's like Dave Gilmore doing a tour and calling it Pink Floyd.

Ok, but what else are they supposed to do when original band members are dying? (when there is a demand to hear their music live). I know what you mean, but generally speaking, if I have a choice between (1) a tribute band with an original member or two, (2) a pure tribute band, or (3) no live playing of their music at all,
I’ll choose those options in that order thanks 1 then 2 then 3.

I have to agree. One of the best intros by any band. Although the bit in between is too over indulgent. I sometimes play the album when I have to decorate and watch the paint dry. The last 10 mins of the album are also pretty good. Off topic Rush’s The Camera eye is a very good build up.
The Camera Eye, what a complete waste of vinyl grooves; ten odd minutes amounting to the square root of f*ck all imho. I love the band to bits, but that track was so underwhelming and marked the death knell of their longer tracks. There are genuinely good reasons why they avoided playing it live for so many years.

Ok, but what else are they supposed to do when original band members are dying? (when there is a demand to hear their music live). I know what you mean, but generally speaking, if I have a choice between (1) a tribute band with an original member or two, (2) a pure tribute band, or (3) no live playing of their music at all,
I’ll choose those options in that order thanks 1 then 2 then 3.
I would say choice 1 however they are also releasing dire albums which imho treads over the wonderful legacy of the band.
Even though Chris Squire was still alive when Heaven and Earth appeared it was a very poor piece of work.
The Quest is even worse barring The Ice Bridge.
The main Yes forum even advocates continuing with Jimmy Haun when Howe retires ffs.

Good point but Rick and Jon are not dead. Neither is Bill Brufford.
Steve should bury the hatchet with these guys and stop pretending he's Yes.
Unfortunately Rick is like the UK weather re Yes especially without Jon. The latter has not been with official Yes for around 14 years. Bruford has retired !!!
I would love that but no chance.

I would say choice 1 however they are also releasing dire albums which imho treads over the wonderful legacy of the band.
Even though Chris Squire was still alive when Heaven and Earth appeared it was a very poor piece of work.
The Quest is even worse barring The Ice Bridge.
The main Yes forum even advocates continuing with Jimmy Haun when Howe retires ffs.
The last album I enjoyed was the Ladder and that was (bloody hell) 1999!

The last album I enjoyed was the Ladder and that was (bloody hell) 1999!
I did enjoy some aspects of Fly from Here but also felt it was padded out with some crap.
I still fume over the way they got shot of Oliver Wakeman but ultimately I agree with you. I liked The Ladder and it seemed to fit the times - Turn of the Century Lol

I did enjoy some aspects of Fly from Here but also felt it was padded out with some crap.
I still fume over the way they got shot of Oliver Wakeman but ultimately I agree with you. I liked The Ladder and it seemed to fit the times - Turn of the Century Lol
I saw them tour with that album, Glasgow 1999 at the Armadillo. They had a Russian guy on keyboards, he was pretty good and did a nice version of Awaken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.