You know you're getting old when....

I got lucky, its only a old Honda crv & I was only about 2 miles from home so I limped back very slowly, drained the tank, put fresh diesel in & it seems to be running fine, in fact it seems to run better now than it used to?
That's a result mate, well done. I'd have done the same and chanced it, but apparently diesel merc engines do not like petrol, and the damage can be catastrophic. So I went with the sensible option, and all is now fine.
I've read that a bit of petrol cleans the system out, (hence the better running) but I'm sceptical.
Lesson learned though, I won't be doing it again!

That's a result mate, well done. I'd have done the same and chanced it, but apparently diesel merc engines do not like petrol, and the damage can be catastrophic. So I went with the sensible option, and all is now fine.
I've read that a bit of petrol cleans the system out, (hence the better running) but I'm sceptical.
I think you made the right call, I just got lucky, sadly I have reached that stage in life I am going to have to get a big Diesel sticker & put it on my flap!

I managed to do 8 miles doing that, stopped and the only way I knew it was that she wouldn't start. Scratched my head for a minute, checked the fuel receipt and there it was.....Was a Peugeot Partner. Ran fine afterwards.

Needing a sock aid and watching myself on a video at the play park with my grandson and realising I have turned into my late grandfather with my demeanour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.