Your Bedroom growing up

Ice on the inside of the window in winter and the cat thought my room was its toilet.
Those were the days.

I can recall having a poster of Baccara next to a poster of the Groundhogs , and a draw full of City programmes.

Lino floor painted blue to look like the sea..... round green rug in the middle to represent an island , a great big aeroplane (balsa wood and tissue made by my dad) hanging from the ceiling to look as though it was swooping down to attack ... brilliant for rainy days .... they just refused to buy the Johnny 7 gun to round it all off
I had a Johnny 7, however it wasn’t all sunny uplands as my mother made me wear a homemade batman outfit (knitted) much to the amusement of my so called friends.

City posters in the main. One of Colin Bell, another of the team with all their trophies. My first fishing stuff was also stored in the bedroom. I used to set up the rod and reel and trap the line in the top drawer of the sideboard and pretend I was catching a marlin or a manta ray like some dude in Tiger and Jag. Didn’t need no play station in them days. Sugar sandwiches for tea, jerseys for goalposts.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.