Your best away day/ trip ever???

Shalke
wembley 99
blacburn 4.1
stoke 87
notts county ( anyone remember that )

Shalke was just a fantastic trip alround, be a long time untill thats topped.

Schalke is the best
Wembley 99
Crystal Palace 89/90 was great also. Hot day last game of the season wishing all the Palace fans well in the FA cup final against the rags then everyone onto the pitch at the end exchanging scalves and hats etc. Great day!
Notts County 96 was a great laugh as well. Anyone remember the guy trying to get his box of beers to the bar through the City fans? By the time it made the bar it was just an empty box!

got to be newcastle 68 the day we won the championship, there were blues everywhere geordies had the crack with us, went back there the year after in the league and it was bedalam violence everywhere, after the game it got worse people chasing each other with blunt instruments, to make it worse we lost one nill wyn davies scoring in the last minute, we signed him the year after what a player he was and if we hadnt replaced him with rodney we would have won the league again that year, anyway sorry dreaming about the past again must look to the future? think a trophy is very much on the cards!

Promotion at blackburn was awesome, how the fcuk we won that day rovers hit the woodwork about 6 times.

Must of been about 15,000 city fans there all over the ground on the hill as well, I was absolutley bladered we were in blackburn at 9 in the morning then onto the fernhurst, there was lads climbing up the lamposts on the main dreg near ewood hanging city flags and we had tickets in the walker steel stand doing the conga haha.

Old T 2-1 was great for the result, but for a whole day experience it's probably the Play-off win for me. My bro arranged for a pub next to Paddington to open early for us and feed and water us before the game and we went back there after for more

Best away game for me was probably everton this year, we played some amazing football which i haven't seen in a long time!

Worse away game was boro 8-1, absolutely appauling.

sdm said:
Schalke,the trip was awesome,spoke to Kompany,Richards and Mark Hughes at the airport. Blind drunk for 2 days,singing all the old songs in the pubs,awesome ground,friendly people,great result,great performance,loudest i've heard city away with 2,500 fans.

Hamburg away,everything above apart from result and performance,but we did have the reeperbahn :)

THIS!

Of the away games I've actually attended, the obvious one is Wembley 99.

Special mention to Oldham away, as was posted earlier, 5-2 City win and Whitey bagging 3 or 4, can't remember now - but a real knees up as we all celebrated utd finishing second in a one horse race when Leeds pipped them!!!

But my ultimate away day watching City was the 4-1 FA Cup win at Ipswich.

The day was immense as we arrived in Ipswich at dinner time, got into the Station Hotel pub and it was manic all day........ there were a couple of groups on stag weekends, there were official strippers - who just turned out to be a kissagram and kept her kit on...... there were unofficial strippers (females) who happily took their clothes off standing on tables!!

There was singing, there was dancing, there was drinking..... oh yes there was singing and drinking!!!!!!

There was City from the Championship, hammering Premiership Ipswich Town, there was Eyal's volley, There was the Goat, There was Huckerby.

The day was my best City away trip!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.