Your best day as a City fan?

Re: Your best day as a City fan??

Blueles61 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sat opp the Holt end when we scored in the FAC Semi Final v Ipswich Town, priceless watching half the Holt End full of City Fans going mad.

This.

Ditto... there with my (now sadly deceased) dad... Day I'll never forget. Always felt that Big Joe Corrigan never got the credit he deserved,.... was absolutely unbeatable, on that day, - made some fabulous saves... particularly one from a Kevin Beattie header, at point blank range.

The day of the takeover, when it became apparent just how big the new owners are was quite pleasant.

1. Aguerrrroooooo
2. FA Cup Final - demons banished
3. FA Cup Semi Final - noisy neighbours just got very noisy
4. Gillingham - IMO where the ride began back to greatness
5. 5-1 Charlton, 10-1 Huddersfield, 5-1 and 1-6 - All great days to be a blue

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sat opp the Holt end when we scored in the FAC Semi Final v Ipswich Town, priceless watching half the Holt End full of City Fans going mad.

i was in the holt end that day as a little lad , i remember crying my eyes out with pure delight , nearly got crushed but didnt care , it was the 1st time i had ever experianced what a high football could give , was right in line with the free kick and watched it sail into the top corner, from that day it had me . football was the thing for me . will never ever forget that moment . power for england

BRUVS N BLUE said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:

i was in the holt end that day as a little lad , i remember crying my eyes out with pure delight , nearly got crushed but didnt care , it was the 1st time i had ever experianced what a high football could give , was right in line with the free kick and watched it sail into the top corner, from that day it had me . football was the thing for me . will never ever forget that moment . power for england
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5uufdRJJo[/youtube]

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
liam81101 said:
13th May 2012 - simple as that

Has to be this for me to

This, basically billyshears and myself went fucking bonkers any other fucker who was in the immediate area, that said it was not hard the place was as rammed as i have ever seen any venue.

I will always remember that day stood with bb1985 and his pap, i had to go outside as it got so hot i was feeling woozy and severly depressed.

Then BOOM.

I will never have that feeling again and i am proud to be blue, all those fucking years of "typical city" blown away in one swoop.

I have not had a kid or got married but i can't imagine them being much better if at all.

The best day of my life and every one i met that day i will remember until the day i die...hopefully.

If you could buy that feeling everyone would be broke.

Just writing this has me feeling amazing.

TCIB said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
liam81101 said:
13th May 2012 - simple as that

Has to be this for me to

This, basically billyshears and myself went fucking bonkers any other fucker who was in the immediate area, that said it was not hard the place was as rammed as i have ever seen any venue.

I will always remember that day stood with bb1985 and his pap, i had to go outside as it got so hot i was feeling woozy and severly depressed.

Then BOOM.

I will never have that feeling again and i am proud to be blue, all those fucking years of "typical city" blown away in one swoop.

I have not had a kid or got married but i can't imagine them being much better if at all.

The best day of my life and every one i met that day i will remember until the day i die...hopefully.

If you could buy that feeling everyone would be broke.

Just writing this has me feeling amazing.

I was basically head butting the wall at 1-2 and you kept saying positive stuff. Then I looked round you had left. I thought what a shithouse, then my Dad said you had to go outside. Wasn't until after everything and looking at the pictures I had actually lost about 2 stone in sweat and aged about 5 years

I may get slated for this but in my defence I was 13 and this was important at the time in the way these things only can be when you're a kid, besides I always took a perverse pleasure later in our rollercoaster years. Best day as a City fan (beautiful though the Play-Off, FA Cup and League were) was a day we didn't even play....

25th September 1989.

The first day back at school after the 5-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.