Your best day as a City fan?

As a spotty 13 year old in 76 i got on a Finglands coach, same coach as Helen and set off for a day that i never thought could be bettered. I was wrong but the excitement that day as a child will live with me forever

Re: Your best day as a City fan??

BRUVS N BLUE said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sat opp the Holt end when we scored in the FAC Semi Final v Ipswich Town, priceless watching half the Holt End full of City Fans going mad.

i was in the holt end that day as a little lad , i remember crying my eyes out with pure delight , nearly got crushed but didnt care , it was the 1st time i had ever experianced what a high football could give , was right in line with the free kick and watched it sail into the top corner, from that day it had me . football was the thing for me . will never ever forget that moment . power for england
I remember being gutted that we had got Ipswich and not Wolves or Spurs in that semi...they were a VERY good side. I was only 10, so was at home listening to it on the radio, but remember me and my Dad going nuts when the ball hit the net.

In terms of my favourite day, the whole Wembley day out for the semi v Utd was fantastic from beginning to end...but I have to go for that QPR game..nervous wreck before, slumped in my seat when they broke away to score the second..I didn't even see it hit the net. Then getting a feeling of blind optimism on about 85 mins...every chance we missed was a body blow, but I still believed..when Sergio connected with that ball, I swear the world stopped for a millisecond..pure silence..then BOOM! the outpouring of joy was something I have never experienced ever...pure emotion. Great great day!

Winning the league followed by signing Robinho.

It would be the FA cup but due to circumstances I had to give my ticket away and only found out we won by text message at 7pm

has to be being at the game with my boys for us winning the league... as they say in the cliches - you'll never see enything like that ever again.....

just as they were getting ready to lift the trophy my six year old decided he "really, really" needed a pee...

that was the most surreal moment, nobody there, running to the loo, him peeing, running back up the nearest steps - just in time to see the trophy lofted!!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
TCIB said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Has to be this for me to

This, basically billyshears and myself went fucking bonkers any other fucker who was in the immediate area, that said it was not hard the place was as rammed as i have ever seen any venue.

I will always remember that day stood with bb1985 and his pap, i had to go outside as it got so hot i was feeling woozy and severly depressed.

Then BOOM.

I will never have that feeling again and i am proud to be blue, all those fucking years of "typical city" blown away in one swoop.

I have not had a kid or got married but i can't imagine them being much better if at all.

The best day of my life and every one i met that day i will remember until the day i die...hopefully.

If you could buy that feeling everyone would be broke.

Just writing this has me feeling amazing.

I was basically head butting the wall at 1-2 and you kept saying positive stuff. Then I looked round you had left. I thought what a shithouse, then my Dad said you had to go outside. Wasn't until after everything and looking at the pictures I had actually lost about 2 stone in sweat and aged about 5 years

Haha,

Yeah tbh your old man did well considering he looked like he eats tanks for breakie and has to mow the lawn to keep his shit in check.

I was genuinly losing consciousness due to the heat mate and my whole world revolved around getting cool air.

I was sat on the step outside waking up with another fella who went under with the heat.

I admit beyond wanting to feel better i lost hope i really did.

I can't even begin as i doubt you or anyone can with words, express that feeling.

Fucking amazing BB, you gonna make it to the xmas do ?

1) Last season's title win...orgasmic.

2) The Ipswich Semi in 81...

3) League Cup Final 76...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.