Your Best Memories of Maine Road

1.City Chippy

2. The Gardeners In Victory Street

3.Being on the pitch v Brum,First Derby v Manure 79,Won 2-0

4.Curry Mile

This list is not Exhaustible.

Many memories, think i was 5 when i first went to Maine Road (1969), sitting on the Kippax wall as a kid with my City schoolbag so i could see it on Match of The Day,happy days.

Fav memory was when we beat Charlton Athletic 5-1 in 1989 to get back to the First Divsion, the Kippax was chocca and the place was electric, just totally hammered Charlton then enjoyed running on the pitch at the end.....great day.

Alan Oakes Shinpads said:
Colin Bell`s comeback against Newcastle.

So pleased to see him back after all the rumours his career was over and also the best noise I have ever heard from the fans , it was pure emotion and can still recall it clearly.

Un beat able experience!

My first game in 1975 vs Burnley 0-0. I will never forget the first time I saw the ground, as a young lad I was in complete awe of the place - the noise, the smells, but most of all the sheer size. My dad used to take me in the Platt Lane and I can remember to this day looking over at the Kippax, a seething mass of humanity that to be honest used to frighten me. I promised myself that one day I too would join these ranks of hardcore faithful......finally achieving this in 1981 vs Liverpool (hence my username) was another memorable occasion.

As for the actual footy, one game amongst many stands out.......the 10 - 1 vs Huddersfield. A once in a lifetime result that I can't ever see being repeated.

some amazing memories of that place.

My first memory was in the old Platt Lane going up the metal caged stair case at the back and sitting in the old wooden seats. The smell of the place, with old hamburger vendors outside and the smell of linament coming from the changing room windows next to the main entrance. The walk from my Grans on Hart Road and dodging horse shit as we walked down the alleyways to get there. As i got older going in the kippax and gradually moving up to the singing section, with alsorts being thrown over from the away support. the toilets at the back of the kippax was just pissing on painted brick. there are so many memories and no matter how shit they were at the time, they bow have a special place in the memory bank. it was a grand old stadium.... but we have moved on and i love the new stadium and we are giving the young kids a great start for the memory bank for later years.

oh and i played on the pitch twice, they are great memories

as someone has already said, the last derby was incredible, the buzz and noise in and around the ground was unreal! for me it felt like we were always going to win that day and nothing would stop us!!

also the 5-1 v burnley in 2001, 4-0 up at half time and the football that day was ridiculous! weren't they top at the day and we just smashed them to pieces!
ali b, berkovic, wanchope and huckerby were frightening when all on form like that day.

1) First game v Arsenal when a young Willie Donachie had the hyped up Peter Marinello in his back pocket.

2) Belly's comeback

3) Boozing in the vault of the Parkside, watching the racing before we hammered some team 4-0.

4) Beating Forest who were then the best team in the land and possibly Europe 1-0 in last few minutes (think Deyna scored it).

5) At the Youth Cup final v United informing one of their players that I'd knobbed his bird a few days previously (true story).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.