Your first city game

west brom at maine rd in the charity shield 1968 we won 6-1, franny lee belted a shot over the bar towards the platt lane end , i was so amazed id never seen anyone kick it so high and someone shouted " youre worse than bobby charlton you ****"..i promptly asked my sister what a **** was, ?" to which she replied " george best" .. i didnt understand any of it..

my first ever City match.......

sport-graphics-2002_995052a.jpg

October 75 home vs Ipswich 1-1 Colin Bell scored in what was probably his last game at MR before the injury vs Utd - cant be sure as I was only 3. But apt that he should score as my dad followed him from Bury to City hence me being a Blue.

kp789 said:
sam the drummer said:
Crewe at Maine Road, I was only little, think we won 5-1
i think thats the one i went to

I am sure it was 5-2 and Colin Little scored for them - big Blue. We were shit that day but Crewe were alot worse!! I think we went to Burnley next game and got 4 there.

nashark said:
Notts county i think 97, we battered them 7-1 i believe at Maine Road. Night game, was utterly mesmerized by the glow from the floodlights and the footballing ability of The Whitleys and Lee Crooks.

And big Sam was their manager! Still got the video from it being on Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.