Your first city game

To be honest, I can't remember my first game. My dad and uncle took me to games when I was growing up, but I was never really interested in sport at all untill about 13, after that, it just spiraled. After my dad retired we got season tickets and never looked back.

southstand117 said:
sheffield utd at maine rd in the 90s, it was a midweek game and we drew 0-0..
we played southend at the weekend following that and won 6-0.
anyone know how i could get the dates of these games and scorers of the sothend game..or was it swindon..

27/09/1997 - Swindon scorers Kinky,Bradbury,Horlock and Dickov 2 - not sure if one was an own goal.

We played Sheff U later that season on May 21st and drew 0 - 0 if that helps - probably not!

Played Sheff U season before in midweek and drew 0 - 0 on Jan 29th1997.

4th September 1959 home to Fulham won 4-1 , Bert in goal, people such as Joe Hayes, Dave Ewing, Colin Barlow etc played , Dennis Law injured so sat it out. fulham were no mean side with Bobby Robson , Jimmy Hill, Johnny Haynes and Tony Macedo.
As a five year old the atmosphere , the floodlights, the smell of tobacco and Bovril had me hooked for life!!!

Saturday March 8th 1998, Maine Road. City vs Oxford United. Lost 2-0, fuck knows who scored, City were shite but loved it all the same, first time i heard Bluemoon sung out on the Kippax, priceless.

Spurs at home 31 October 1959, lost 2-1, Bill Leivers scored, a penalty. Stood on the Scoreboard End, over the tunnell on the Main Stand side.

andyblue87 said:
Saturday March 8th 1998, Maine Road. City vs Oxford United. Lost 2-0, fuck knows who scored, City were shite but loved it all the same, first time i heard Bluemoon sung out on the Kippax, priceless.

For my birthday present I was in the top tier of the Kippax for that.Kevin Francis got the second and the Oxford fans started singing -`We`re bust bust but we`re beating you' They had gone into administration that week.Screwed up my birthday,again.

195? v sheff wed . bert in goal, sat in platt lane, got beat,
remember fans throwing bricks into the windows of the main stand, along with the chant " sack mac" ....les mcdowell manager at the time, police horses clearing people away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.