Your first City match?

The first few matches blend together because I was so young, so I can't recall the opposition. I believe I was about 5, so it was probably the 89/90 season.

City v Palace, FA Cup 3rd round, 3rd January 1981. In the North Stand with my Dad, wondering who this last with the bell was at the front, and why my Dad was so angry with the Palace manager that day. 4-0, and thinking this is what it was like every week.
The Palace manager was Big Mal. I was also there with my Dad, with my bar scarf with big badges of Joe Corrigan, Dave Watson and Kenny Clements if i remember rightly!) used to love the smell of pipe tobacco in the North stand.

My first game was a nil nil with Stoke in 76.

Proud to have been able to take my now 21 year old daughter her first game at Maine Road before we left (The last FA cup tie v Liverpool) and my now 14 year old son to the CoMS the year before the takeover..they've been season ticket holders ever since and can both count themselves as old school blues!

Last edited:
West brom at home 1980 , lost 1-3 they had a good side then.sat on the benches in the platt lane, was a totally gutted 10 year old .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.