Your First Derby Game

I think it was 89 Mike Duxburys testimonial, we won 2 nowt. City end was chockers and it was mental. Trafford Park train station was a bit dicey after iirc.

September 23 1989. Had my legs dangled through the fence on the kippax at the north stand end.

Watching the crowd trouble from near the scoreboard pen and Kippax was an eye opener.

One of the best memories of my childhood.

Got married 2 weeks before this game, the day Clive Allen scored his first goal for us against QPR.

Anyway made sure the honeymoon was only for a week so I’d be back for the derby. Remember giving a friendly ‘beep’ to a car full of Rags on Kings Road after the game. When they all looked over me and my brother gave them the 5 fingers. They nearly drove their car off the road!

13 year old, Dennis Law backheel ,paddock next to the Stretford end. The day I became a city fan. Also the day I first started loathing United fans. They were climbing over the wall at side side of us and pushing past, my dad ended up smacking one of them.

The 5-1, I was 7.

This, after my first season going to City when we got promoted.

73/74. The 4-0 win against the rags in the league Cup. That twat buchan doing the King.

The 5-1. Was the first season I was allowed to go to the games without my dad. Also my first season ticket, a junior one for the Kippax, which I think cost about £40, a lot of money for a schoolkid then
Same for me. Me and a couple of mates, without our Dads I was 12 and I'm sure it was 2.50 to get in at the time - well worth it, even though I got crushed a fair few times!

My first one was incognito, upper stretford at the swamp about 17 or 18 years ago! Travelled over from Ireland with a group of mates who are all rags, wore my top under my jacket in the swamp.
Unfortunately we were turned over 3-1 but SWP scored a lovely goal, nutmegging scholes and drilling into far bottom corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.