Your First Favorite City Player And Why

Peter Barnes and Dennis Tueart.

Together they were the most exciting wing partnership i ever saw and came to represent City's ideal style of play for me.

The King of all Geordies just edged it for me, but only just.

My First Favourite City Player Was: Nicky Reid

Reason: I loved his attitude as he would run through brick walls to wear the shirt, he was also the first player that i wrote to as a kid and he replied with a signed photo............it's things like that you never forget!

bluezippy said:
Paul Simpson

Just had an ability to destroy teams (the 10-1 Huddersfield game is a classic example!)... great on the ball and an excellent left peg... still don't think we've had a better left winger since him!

My first true city hero!
Seeeeeeeeee mowwwwwwwwww.
When you're about 11 you really look up to the players. When you're older than them I don't think that you can unless you're a sad 40 something rag with 'wooney' on your piece of polyester. Quinn was the last hero for me although I could watch Tevez all day.

Tommy Booth, because he scored the goal at Villa Park in the FA cup semi final against Everton in 1969, great player and underated by many during our golden years.

Dennis Tueart -- I remember wearing my City kit with the ties on my socks just to copy him and my bedroom wall had overhead kick picture on it for at least 10 years !

images

David White was my first favourite City player. Never forget those goals against villa that he scored in that 5-1 beating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.