Your First Favorite City Player And Why

My favorite was Tony Coleman then Mike Summerbee, just like wingers that can go on a run and cross a decent ball into the box, Oh! and score one or two goals.

citygirl77 said:
My favorite was Tony Coleman then Mike Summerbee, just like wingers that can go on a run and cross a decent ball into the box, Oh! and score one or two goals.

Were you born in '77? You seem a bit young for that era? Mine would have to be Peter Barnes and Gary Owen. Something about City fans playing for City that really appealled to me at that age.

hgblue said:
citygirl77 said:

Were you born in '77? You seem a bit young for that era? Mine would have to be Peter Barnes and Gary Owen. Something about City fans playing for City that really appealled to me at that age.

Eeerrmm YEH I remember Pete's dad

Colin Bell/Francis Lee ....

can't really decide which ....

both were brilliant players .....

the reason ?

They just made things happen!

Colin Bell has to be my all time favourite.i first saw him play for Bury at Maine rd when he scored a headed goal at the Platt Lane end. For City he was magnificent in all aspects of the game ran his heart out for the cause scored goals laid on goals and never stopped heranging the referees- top class and i doubt whether we will see his like again. When he reappeared after a long injury against Newcastle i have never heard a bigger ovation for ANY player in all my 50+ years supporting City.
my dad thought Colin was good but always said peter doherty was better but who knows??

Dave Connor

A no nonsense utility player with superb ability to do one job. He could mark out of the game anyone the manager asked him to. He never made a fuss, played in any position asked to, was as hard as nails and went unremarked and unheralded by many. A true servant to the club for many years. I thought he was great.

Oh and Tony Coleman also, for other reasons!

I think 1 of my favourite players growing up were Terry Cooke, Weaver and Horlock. Can't remember why also liked Michael Brown.

Now is David Silva, just pure class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.