Your First Game

1999/2000

28th December 1999: Manchester City 2-1 Grimsby Town

City's last ever game of the twentieth century

Back in 1997 City v Portsmouth at Maine Road 1 - 1 draw on a Wednesday night. Uwe scored for us and Fitzroy Simpson for them.

August 1978 - Liverpool at home. Sat on the benches in the Platt Lane stand and we lost 4-1. Saw every home game in the next 5 seasons v Liverpool which we lost (on aggregate) 20 - 1. Was the only City fan at school (mid-Wales) and took some terrible stick so thank you Mr Mancini for making my life worthwhile! Not that I am planning to anytime soon but I can now at least die a happy man!

Crewe at Maine Road in around 2000/01? think we won 3-2 but i can't quite remember i was only 5/6 :D happy days in Division 1

cheddar404 said:
I can't get my head round this either. My Dad used to take me when I was a baby so unless he remembers, I've got no chance.

Surely depends how old you were when you went the first time. In my case I was 8 so it's not surprising that I remember it.

mr first game was at home to chelsea in the northstand stood on my seat (think it was when kinkladze was going to leave and he walked around the ground in a brown suit may be another game tho)

my 2nd game was getting relegated vs liverpool. i got a season ticket the season after and never regretted it. THANKS DAD!

WOlves 2-3 Dec 1979 and first away was Blackburn 1-0 in 1985. Didn't see a home win until 1985!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.