Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

Bernardo signing a new contract.

As good as bellingham could be he doesnt have the attrbutes that Bernardo has.

I see Bellingham as a replacement for Gundo

But if we lose Bernardo we will struggle to replace him...Foden could move inside but we need another wide player unless Grealish really steps up which he isnt doing on a regular basis at the moment.

Realistically we are going to lose Bernardo, Gundogan Mahrez and maybe even KDB in the next 3 seasons (KDB is playing well but the signs are there of just starting to get on a bit)

While Bellingham has the engine and physicality he doesnt have the technical ability of Bernardo, foden or Kev.....neither does Grealish...only foden has that so I think we need another player in that mould.....no idea who though
For these reasons, Bellingham is the current right answer.

That's a new one, never heard that criticism of him.

He's probably faster than Busquets and Rodri, and his role doesn't really require pace from him.

Watching him with Netherlands shows me even more how perfect he would be for Pep.

He would be a better replacement for Bellingham in terms of a control-midfielder, Bellingham is more of a high energy box-to-box midfielder.
Both will be most ideal

Allison is a better shot stopper but his distribution isn't as good as Ederson's. It's decent but I'd keep Ederson still over Allison but accept arguments contrary to that. Van Dijk would have been a player I'd have had obviously, but not Salah. Salah has one one league title in the past 5 seasons so for as good as he is he isn't good enough to win Liverpool the title consistently. De Bruyne has been the best PL player in the past 5 seasons.
Let's not use team achievements to diminish Salah. It's poor form. I agree I won't have him now coz he seems past his peak. Same as I feel about Kane. But at there peaks both would have walked into City's squad.

Title or no titles

That's a new one, never heard that criticism of him.

He's probably faster than Busquets and Rodri, and his role doesn't really require pace from him.

Watching him with Netherlands shows me even more how perfect he would be for Pep.

He would be a better replacement for Bellingham in terms of a control-midfielder, Bellingham is more of a high energy box-to-box midfielder.

He is the perfect player to replace Bernardo. Can run the game and never stops running. I don't see a lack of pace either. He was brilliant for the Dutch last night, the only good player for them until they went long ball!

A swap plus cash for Bernie would be excellent business. And Bellingham to replace Gundo.

Yes pal, I was just spitballing. Pep really likes him and has asked Kev all about him.

Apologies, I just equate wingers with midfielders in my minds eye, a bit like I see Jack and Phil?

Obviously, they play across the front three, but in our team, they need to be hardworking and tucking back in.

I would need to see more of Trossard than his purple patch, to form a proper opinion.

For me, the other lad Caceido is the one we need to watch as an outright midfield ball winner?

28 isn't he Trossard ?
Coming to prominence later in his career.
Wouldn't be city type of signing in my opinion.
He is a good player and I have thought so for a couple of years. But improve us for a pronged period of time, I don't think so.
I don't understand why Pep needs to ask KDB anything or why KDP should be telling other people about it.

For these reasons, Bellingham is the current right answer.
Not saying youare wrong but wondering why you think he is the answer to replacing those players (certainly KDB and Bernardo) - He has very good attributes but i dont see the technical ability of a bernardo or a KDB.
Liek i said he has he engine to replace Gundo and play more box to box than gundo can and be that goal scorere from midfield. He has better ball winning attributes than Gundo as well
Compare him however to bernardo and I dont think in other than goalscoring he is superior
KDB - well we all know KDB is world class - bellingham is a very good player and could well be world class in the future but isnt at that level at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.