Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

Really? You dont think Allison is better than Ederson? You dont think Salah has been the best PL player in the past 5 seasons?

Im no Liverpool fan. But Allison is one of the greatest keepers to ever keep goal. Any manager wanting to improve their team would dump their keeper for Allison
As a City, or more to the point Pep keeper Ederson is better than Allison who isn't even close to one of the greatest ever keepers. Over the past 5 years Salah has been a great player, think he is past his peak though and his extension will be a mistake.

Really? You dont think Allison is better than Ederson? You dont think Salah has been the best PL player in the past 5 seasons?

Im no Liverpool fan. But Allison is one of the greatest keepers to ever keep goal. Any manager wanting to improve their team would dump their keeper for Allison
Allison is arguably one of the better keepers in the league but in this era it’s not that hard. He’s a very good keeper but never in a million years is he one of the best keepers ever. I would not have him over Ederson either.

Salah was minging last year and has not been great this season. Again he’s a top player but talking about the here and now I would not have him at City.

Allison is arguably one of the better keepers in the league but in this era it’s not that hard. He’s a very good keeper but never in a million years is he one of the best keepers ever. I would not have him over Ederson either.

Salah was minging last year and has not been great this season. Again he’s a top player but talking about the here and now I would not have him at City.

The lad has gone full gooner mode now hasnt he! lol

Allison is a better shot stopper but his distribution isn't as good as Ederson's. It's decent but I'd keep Ederson still over Allison but accept arguments contrary to that. Van Dijk would have been a player I'd have had obviously, but not Salah. Salah has one one league title in the past 5 seasons so for as good as he is he isn't good enough to win Liverpool the title consistently. De Bruyne has been the best PL player in the past 5 seasons.

It feels as though we'll be bringing Bellingham in which would be excellent but for the fact it sounds as though Bernardo will leave. I'd love to keep both of them. The two of them plus Rodri and De Bruyne would be exceptional. I don't know many players out there who can do what Bernardo does, but we'll evolve and adapt and quite probably still be better.

Has faults in his game and so does Ederson, but the latter is better for Pep's chosen style of play.

Allison has it on shot stopping, but Ederson is better with the ball at his feet and distribution.

Not much in it imo.

No he hasn't actually. A player by the name of Kevin De Bruyne has been the best player in the world, not just the Premier League, but the media refuse to give any credit to City. End of.

Don't be surprised if Sergio Gomez starts getting spells in midfield as well as left back. I see a bit of Foden and Bernardo in him. He just needs to play and get comfortable in the Premier League and he'll be a very good player for us.

It is very easy to look back and say "What if we'd signed X instead of Y" but it is just not realistic.

I will agree that it would have been great if we had say signed Salah back in 2017 instead of Mahrez (he signed a little later) but would I want to take on Salah now with his big contract? - no thanks - he is not going to get any better and may not match his previous output over the next couple of seasons.

Allison plays behind the "best centre half", "best right back" and "best left back" in the world la so he must be pretty average not to have won as many Golden Glove awards as Ederson.

The only dipper that I think would make a big difference to our team would be Robertson but that is due to our historical lack of a genuine left back. He fails the "no arseholes" test though so would not like to see him in blue.

Don't be surprised if Sergio Gomez starts getting spells in midfield as well as left back. I see a bit of Foden and Bernardo in him. He just needs to play and get comfortable in the Premier League and he'll be a very good player for us.
I really cannot see that. Zinchenko got very few opportunities in midfield and Foden and Grealish also don't seem to be trusted there so I cannot see Gomez getting time as an 8.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.