Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

He is the perfect player to replace Bernardo. Can run the game and never stops running. I don't see a lack of pace either. He was brilliant for the Dutch last night, the only good player for them until they went long ball!

A swap plus cash for Bernie would be excellent business. And Bellingham to replace Gundo.
I sign off on this idea. Foden replaces Kev in the middle in 2 years and we get Leao as winger to replace Mahrez.
Game set for another 5 year run.

Not saying youare wrong but wondering why you think he is the answer to replacing those players (certainly KDB and Bernardo) - He has very good attributes but i dont see the technical ability of a bernardo or a KDB.
Liek i said he has he engine to replace Gundo and play more box to box than gundo can and be that goal scorere from midfield. He has better ball winning attributes than Gundo as well
Compare him however to bernardo and I dont think in other than goalscoring he is superior
KDB - well we all know KDB is world class - bellingham is a very good player and could well be world class in the future but isnt at that level at the moment.
In reality, I think Foden is KDBs replacement. Sometimes they're are simply no like for like replacements. You simply get a different type of exceptional player and play to their strengths.

We forget now, but KDB was YaYa's replacement. They are nothing alike and have totally different skill set. Yet both are exceptional at the highest levels. In Bellingham, I see the beginnings of a similar trajectory. A player that can be so dominant at what he does best that it doesn't matter the other things he might lack.

I see that in him, Mbappe and Leao at this World cup. When those 3 are on the ball, they just seem physically superior to who's in front of them. It's not a skill, strength, power or intelligence thing.

There is an aura of physical superiority that even the opposing player feels it.

Mbappe had the reputation coming in, so his was understandable. Leao was a backup. Yet anytime he came on, he simply just owned everyone on the left flank. His cross, snd touch are quite average but he just makes defenders look like they are running on wet cement.

On a side note, I didn't see a single left back I thought was impressive :(

In reality, I think Foden is KDBs replacement. Sometimes they're are simply no like for like replacements. You simply get a different type of exceptional player and play to their strengths.

We forget now, but KDB was YaYa's replacement. They are nothing alike and have totally different skill set. Yet both are exceptional at the highest levels. In Bellingham, I see the beginnings of a similar trajectory. A player that can be so dominant at what he does best that it doesn't matter the other things he might lack.

I see that in him, Mbappe and Leao at this World cup. When those 3 are on the ball, they just seem physically superior to who's in front of them. It's not a skill, strength, power or intelligence thing.

There is an aura of physical superiority that even the opposing player feels it.

Mbappe had the reputation coming in, so his was understandable. Leao was a backup. Yet anytime he came on, he simply just owned everyone on the left flank. His cross, snd touch are quite average but he just makes defenders look like they are running on wet cement.

The Moroccan left back has looked good. Sosa hasn’t been terrible either.

Don't be surprised if Sergio Gomez starts getting spells in midfield as well as left back. I see a bit of Foden and Bernardo in him. He just needs to play and get comfortable in the Premier League and he'll be a very good player for us.
I also believe he'll be better in the midfield. VK moved him to LB, but for Spain's Under squads he plays in an attacking role. Explains why he looks a bit lost in his own end as a LB.

I really cannot see that. Zinchenko got very few opportunities in midfield and Foden and Grealish also don't seem to be trusted there so I cannot see Gomez getting time as an 8.
Zinchenko not nearly as shifty or as quick as Gomez nor is he particularly good at taking people off the dribble. Zinny has very good technical skills i.e. receiving the ball, touch, passing ability, but not really a fit in a Pep midfield. Not saying Gomez is either, but worth a look.

Gundogan and Bernie for...

Bellingham and de Jong.

About as good as we could ask for since Bernie likely wants to leave.
We could do much worse, but I'd rather see Little Philip moved into Bernardo's spot if he leaves, add Bellingham to replace Gundo, and then bring in a Leao to fill the spot vacated by Foden.

Agree on mostly everything, but Theo's bonehead foul on Mount aside you can't say he hasn't been impressive for France throughout the tournament. I would take him in a second...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.