Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

Guimaraes is a good player but a squad that has Rodri and Phillips doesn’t need him. Bellingham is quite different and the perfect Gundogan replacement, if not him then De Jong.

Guimaraes can play much more advanced than those two though. He is not a DM and offers a goal threat

Bernardo signing a new contract.

As good as bellingham could be he doesnt have the attrbutes that Bernardo has.

I see Bellingham as a replacement for Gundo

But if we lose Bernardo we will struggle to replace him...Foden could move inside but we need another wide player unless Grealish really steps up which he isnt doing on a regular basis at the moment.
Realistically we are going to lose Bernardo, Gundogan Mahrez and maybe even KDB in the next 3 seasons (KDB is playing well but the signs are there of just starting to get on a bit)

While Bellingham has the engine and physicality he doesnt have the technical ability of Bernardo, foden or Kev.....neither does Grealish...only foden has that so I think we need another player in that mould.....no idea who though

Enzo Fernandes?

Trossard is a winger though?

Yes pal, I was just spitballing. Pep really likes him and has asked Kev all about him.

Apologies, I just equate wingers with midfielders in my minds eye, a bit like I see Jack and Phil?

Obviously, they play across the front three, but in our team, they need to be hardworking and tucking back in.

I would need to see more of Trossard than his purple patch, to form a proper opinion.

For me, the other lad Caceido is the one we need to watch as an outright midfield ball winner?

Yes pal, I was just spitballing. Pep really likes him and has asked Kev all about him.

Apologies, I just equate wingers with midfielders in my minds eye, a bit like I see Jack and Phil?

Obviously, they play across the front three, but in our team, they need to be hardworking and tucking back in.

I would need to see more of Trossard than his purple patch, to form a proper opinion.

For me, the other lad Caceido is the one we need to watch as an outside midfield ball winner?

It'll be interesting to see how Phillips plays in the second half of the season. Should answer a lot of questions about the balance of the midfield going forward.

It'll be interesting to see how Phillips plays in the second half of the season. Should answer a lot of questions about the balance of the midfield going forward.

Agree, entirely.

His ball over the top the other night for Rashford is a reminder that he has plenty of range and we just need to see how he settles in over second part of the season.

Rodri is certainly going to need the back-up and I'm a sucker for good personalities, and Kalvin seems to be the type of player who has it in him to thrive under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.