Your signature dish.

stavros said:
maccadon said:
Whats goulash? How do you go about making that?
follow jamie olivers recipe (try looking for it on google)
dont cut any corners or substitute anything.
you wont regret it. absolutely fuckin beautiful

Thanks i will give it a bash

The Flash said:
When entertaining, I like nothing more than serving my signature dish, Sprouts Mexicane.
Reminds me of a lad at work a few years ago. He came in on nights holding a 2lb bag of frozen sprouts and a tin of Vindaloo curry sauce, he was skint as it was just before payday, his Sprout Vindaloo is still legendary haha.

Pork Vindaloo

Before

[bigimg]http://i47.tinypic.com/316lqgj.jpg[/bigimg]

After

[bigimg]http://i45.tinypic.com/16a2oab.jpg[/bigimg]

maccadon said:
stavros said:
maccadon said:
Whats goulash? How do you go about making that?
follow jamie olivers recipe (try looking for it on google)
dont cut any corners or substitute anything.
you wont regret it. absolutely fuckin beautiful

Thanks i will give it a bash
Not tried James but love the stuff always go heavy on the paprika

My current signature dish is a Sri lankan style prawn curry that I invented by accident.
Base of cooked ginger ( thumbsized), garlic ( 6 cloves), cardamom powder (teaspoon), cumin powder (2 teaspoons) and sweet browned onions - blended.

Slow cook sauce with cinnamon stick, whole birdseyes ( slightly bruised), paprika and soy sauce ( plus water obviously). Season with salt and sugar to balance. Takes a good 30 mins.
Add raw king prawns, grated black pepper and cook on high heat for about 2 mins. Add good handful of corriander leaves and a good squeeze of lemon. Stir through on the heat. Done.

mammutly said:
My current signature dish is a Sri lankan style prawn curry that I invented by accident.
Base of cooked ginger ( thumbsized), garlic ( 6 cloves), cardamom powder (teaspoon), cumin powder (2 teaspoons) and sweet browned onions - blended.

Slow cook sauce with cinnamon stick, whole birdseyes ( slightly bruised), paprika and soy sauce ( plus water obviously). Season with salt and sugar to balance. Takes a good 30 mins.
Add raw king prawns, grated black pepper and cook on high heat for about 2 mins. Add good handful of corriander leaves and a good squeeze of lemon. Stir through on the heat. Done.
That seems scarily precise to have been conceived by accident! I was expecting something more along the lines of toast dipped in coco-pops or chips in beer as an accidental discovery?

strongbowholic said:
mammutly said:

That seems scarily precise to have been conceived by accident! I was expecting something more along the lines of toast dipped in coco-pops or chips in beer as an accidental discovery?

I originally added cardomom by mistake and left out ground corriander.

Or it might have been chips

I can't remember ;-)

slightly off topic, but a concern of mine.

is it me or are roast dinners overrated? I've tried a couple since starting uni this year, but its just so much hassle and effort for a meal that doesn't have a lot of finesse or real nice taste.

my second point; how can i improve the quality of my roasts? i don't know how to flavour all the different components properly, what are everyone's tips for a real sophisticated roast dinner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.