Your signature dish.

smudgedj said:

Here's a picture of last weeks meat shop; the piece on the board is tenderloin came to just under £9.

2dmigw9.jpg

Looks like your the local dealer with them bags.

mcfcnorthstand said:
smudgedj said:

Here's a picture of last weeks meat shop; the piece on the board is tenderloin came to just under £9.

2dmigw9.jpg

5-6 good steaks from that fillet. Over here, that would set you back about 25-30 euro, even more depending on the breed. Most restaurants here use 'riverlands' beef fillet and it's cheap. Restaurants are selling a steak fillet at 15-20 euro a pop so 2 steaks is more than covering their costs, the other 4 steaks are pure profit.

paphos-mcfc said:
mcfcnorthstand said:
smudgedj said:

2dmigw9.jpg

5-6 good steaks from that fillet. Over here, that would set you back about 25-30 euro, even more depending on the breed. Most restaurants here use 'riverlands' beef fillet and it's cheap. Restaurants are selling a steak fillet at 15-20 euro a pop so 2 steaks is more than covering their costs, the other 4 steaks are pure profit.

Good call I got 7. I'm not sure of the breed. I'll ring the butcher and find out.

Ok seems it's a Nelore.

nelore1.jpg

smudgedj said:
Bluebee2 said:
smudgedj said:
£13 is cheap; is that the UK?

Yes mate, just been and bought 3 full fillets.

Excellent value for the UK I think.

2dmigw9.jpg
Great photo! Never understand why anyone can be a Vegetarian when you see something like that!!

smudgedj said:
paphos-mcfc said:
mcfcnorthstand said:

Good call I got 7. I'm not sure of the breed. I'll ring the butcher and find out.

Ok seems it's a Nelore.

nelore1.jpg

The holiest of cows. (India) not bad, but not the best, but 9 quid......cheap as chips

maccadon said:
Whats goulash? How do you go about making that?
follow jamie olivers recipe (try looking for it on google)
dont cut any corners or substitute anything.
you wont regret it. absolutely fuckin beautiful

paphos-mcfc said:
smudgedj said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Ok seems it's a Nelore.

nelore1.jpg

The holiest of cows. (India) not bad, but not the best, but 9 quid......cheap as chips

ssshhh don't tell ragnorak... I can buy Argentinian meat if i wanted but I couldn't tell the difference when I tried it. I also would have to buy it from the supermarket which is an extra 5 minutes walk away...ain't happening. To be honest the butcher makes me special 'spicy' sausages and stuff like black puddings so I'd rather give him my business.

smudgedj said:
paphos-mcfc said:
smudgedj said:

Ok seems it's a Nelore.

nelore1.jpg

ssshhh don't tell ragnorak... I can buy Argentinian meat if i wanted but I couldn't tell the difference when I tried it. I also would have to buy it from the supermarket which is an extra 5 minutes walk away...ain't happening. To be honest the butcher makes me special 'spicy' sausages and stuff like black puddings so I'd rather give him my business.

Fair play pal. I don't think there would be much difference tbh. Last I heard about Ragnarok, he was lubing himself up for one of Billyshears chicken curries. :-S. On that note, bed for me.

Starters with a beer

Spicy Chicken Drums - Cut Onion into rings mixed with Chicken Drum Sticks - marinated with my own masala for a good few hours - Then roasted in oven - Onions will caramalise and give a sweet taste to go with the spice kick of the Chicken

Monk Fish Kebabs - marinate onion, peppers & monk fish and grill

Mains
Home made Lamb Curry with Roti, Rice & Cachumber (onions, red cabbage, Tomato, Cucumber mixed with Vineger & salt)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.