Your top 5 games of the 13-14 season.

My top 5, in no particular order -

Both games v the rags - the home one, fairly early into the season when they still had a decent level of confidence and had expectations of a title challenge, and we played them off the park, totally obliterated them. The away game was more like the school bully sat on top of some poor soul, giving him playful slaps across the face whilst asking "do you give in yet? No? *another slap* How about now?" - very satisfying game

The Arsenal game at home was probably the game of the entire premier league season in terms of 2 attacking teams at the tops of their games slugging it out. The scoreline speaks for itself in terms of the entertainment shown.

The Hull away game as others have mentioned was huge - after losing Vinny so early on was always going to be an uphill task, and the players put a great performance in, especially Merlin who probably had the best individual performance of the season in that game.

The Spurs home game - total demolition job on a Champions League spot contender. The only blip was missing the Navas goal due to the bad timing of the big flag coming over us in 102. Remember my dad saying to me as it came over "watch us go and score now" - the "typical city" force is very strong in my dad :)

stimo said:
1) villa at home - best atmosphere i've seen in a long, long time.
2) arsenal at home - scoreline speaks for itself, unbelievable game of football
3) united away - the intensity we started was brilliant
4) munich away - first trip to germany
5) spurs away - cos i fucking hate spurs

Good choice, I was away in Copenhagen for the Spurs game ( -1 during the day) and had a night on the Carlsberg and Schnapps, got back to the hotel, turned the tv on, and it just happened to be the City game, I was extremely happy!!

Everton away's gotta be up there, not only because it was absolutely vital to win it, but because it laid the myth of "we can't beat Everton at their place" to rest. Now - the big challenge for next season, beyond retaining the PL, beyond doing the League and Cup double, beyond edging it over Bayern in the CL final: beating Sunderland.

baildon blue said:
1) Arsenal at home great match
2) Spurs Away another great match
3) Hull Away great backs to the wall display
4) Manchester United Away we smashed then in the 1st minute
5) Liverpool home we showed them who was boss over Christmas .

I'd add newcastle away to that,kicked to death but vinnie and demi were immense

My top 5, in no particular order -

Both games v the rags - the home one, fairly early into the season when they still had a decent level of confidence and had expectations of a title challenge, and we played them off the park, totally obliterated them. The away game was more like the school bully sat on top of some poor soul, giving him playful slaps across the face whilst asking "do you give in yet? No? *another slap* How about now?" - very satisfying game .....
That's a brilliant analogy mate .

I've only gone for games I was at but had to do 10 as 5 wasn't enough, in chronological order:

United (H) - We hadn't ripped up trees in the early part of the season and no-one knew just how bad they'd be but we absolutely battered them. 4-0 up after 50 minutes and then we let them have the ball for a bit, which was nice of us.

Bayern (A) - My first Euro away day and after 15 minutes I thought it was going to be about 8-0. A fantastic comeback and I met some brilliant people.

Arsenal (H) - We'd been away in Munich during the week and it was an early Saturday kick-off against the league leaders. It was a great game, arsenal played their part, but the 6-3 scoreline tells the story.

Leicester (A) (Cup) - Best atmosphere of the season for me, 10 continuous minutes of the Fernandinho song despite him not being on the pitch and a goal being scored half way through, fantastic.

Fulham (A) – A cracking game of football in shocking conditions and pushed Leicester close for the best atmosphere award. We must have sang the Zabaleta song for the last ten minutes of the match and all the way back to the car.

Newcastle (A) (League) - The atmosphere after Mike Jones disallowed Tiote's goal was incredible. Kompany and Demichelis made 25 headed clearances in a stalwart display, repelling Newcastle's direct approach before Milner's beautiful pass with the outside of his foot sent Negredo clear to seal the win.

Sunderland (N) (Cup) – Winning a final will always be special but this one was extra special as we came from behind and saw two truly magnificent goals.

Hull (A) - Best performance of the season, I feel incredibly lucky to have witnessed Silva's display that day.

Everton (A) - One win from fifteen attempts at Goodison meant it didn't look good with us needing a win to remain favourites for the league. After going behind to a stunner from Barkley we fought back brilliantly and held on in the end for 3 vital points.

Villa (H) - After Liverpool collapsed at Palace we knew 4 points from 2 games would do it, that meant a win against Villa would have us with one finger on the trophy. They defended excellently for the first 60 minutes but the explosion of relief around the stadium when Dzeko fired home was phenomenal.

I cheated with 10 games and still didn't get to mention West Ham (A), Norwich (H), CSKA (H), Spurs (H), West Brom (A), Swansea (A) or West Ham (H) (both) which were all brilliant too, we were a bit spoilt this season.

How about 5 best spells in a game........

1. The 100 or so seconds when we won the league cup from Yaya to Nasri's goals.
2. The opening 43 seconds against MU when we had three attempts scoring at the third.
3. The opening seconds, we scored after 13 seconds v spurs at home and that set the tone.
4. The 4 minutes from when Kompany was sent off v Hull to Silva's beauty.
5. Any part of the 1st half v Spurs away when we played the best football of the season.

Probably many others but these came to mind without too much thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.