Your worst ever City game witnessed?

Re: Your worst ever City game witnessed? (merged)

mine's got to be a heavy defeat to Charlton,can't remember what year though. Clues are I was sat in the Gene Kelly,it was near Christmas & it was 3-0 to them after 20 odd minutes. Left after half an hour for the Gardeners, pub was full within half an hour. Not so happy days!

stockport county away -3-0 down after about 20 minutes.Think it was 1997.Ged Brannan scored for us in the second half.

birmingham away boxing day 03 when we got beat 2-1,when jeff kenna scores against you it means you`re playing shite..

bolton at home when anelka scored twice for them,that was the only game in my life where we was in the pub before half time..

blackpool away january 99,freezing cold stood in what can only be described as scrap metal yard as a stand,0-0 and only one chance i can think of in the entire 90mins and that went to blackpool...

It must have been 88-90, I was in the Cyprus Tavern on a Friday night, off my face and then found myself travelling down to Bournemouth, a game which I had no intention of going to as I was due in work for 9.30 on the Saturday, with 3 mates in a car. Woke around Swindon at a service station.

Walking on the beach at 9.00am feeling like shit, it was freezing and Winter, watching cars drive past with inflatable bananas hanging out of the window, back on the piss at 11.00am. Slaughtered going into the match. 4 of us thought the game was over and tried to leave at half-time. And were ordered to get back in and watch the match. There was a giant inflatable Frankenstein duelling with a King Kong and various drunks.

Got home the next day. I have no recollection of the match and to this day I still don't know how it ended.

I have seen some shockers down the years starting with Halifax away in the cup but guess Blackburn away in the cup under Pearce a few years back just about edges as the worst all round.
Odd pre match atmosphere and the usual drunken buffoonery in the ground at the start but the lack of will, tactics and effort created a foreboding after only 10 minutes.
Dont think we had a shot on target all game, fights in the stands between Pearce out and Pearce in supporters in the second half .
A meek and wretched end to a feeble cup run in the same season we went from New Years day to season end without scoring a goal at home.
Stuart Pearce still masquerading as a manager for the UK Olympic Football Team.

FA Cup 4th Round Jan 1974 4-1 away to Forest who were a division below us.

Then League Cup Final 2-1 to Wolves two months later.

Neither were bad games but it sure was heartbreaking.

Remembered a couple more. Shrewsbury away lost 3-1. Matt Gray (Grey) scored for us. Wolves at Wembley. One that stands out for me was Everton in 66 I think. 0-0 at Maine Road. 0-0 at Badison. Lost 2-0 at Wolves. Expelled the next day for constant wagging. Bloody City.

Oct 23rd 2011 the swamp :( if City had played as well in the 1st 25 mins as they did in the last 25 mins it would ov been 10 lol

Seriously my worst has to be Boro 8-1 so horrible and we still chanted Svens name.
The swamp in the 4-3 was my most gutting experience.
Traveling all the way to Munich spending loads of cash (that I didn't have) to watch us at for only 15 mins was bad as well :(

But I'm sure there's going to be many more better days than worse days CTID!

Liverpool away, 1995, lost 6-0...think Eike Immel was in nets, and from what i remember didnt play that badly despite the score. Plus losing away at Lincoln on a cold Tuesday night when we were in the old 3rd division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.