Your worst ever City game witnessed?

Re: Your worst ever City game witnessed? (merged)

Mr Partridge said:
Last home game against the rags in the dreadful 06/07 season. They beat us to clinch the title at our place which was particularly hard to take. First time they'd won it for a few years as well, the worst possible way to round off a dreadful season.

You're most definitely mistaken. They didn't clinch the title when they beat us 1-0. They just got closer to it.

That West Brom defeat should have seen Mark Hughes executed in the Eastlands centre circle. That useless twat had some fucking gall.

0-0 draw at home to Middlesborough in the final season at Maine Road was the worst sporting event I've ever been to nevermind worst City game. Neither team deserved to get nil and was a travesty for it to be my final trip to Maine Road.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2003/apr/14/match.sport6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2003 ... tch.sport6</a>

01MANC said:
2-3 loss to the rags at Maine rd when we were 2-0 up through Quinny. Kippax went from delerium to desolation.

Most gut wrenching walk from the ground I can remember
Must admit that day was fuckin painfull,cant remember now but who did the suicidal backpass header for there 1st.....

The cookie monster said:
01MANC said:
2-3 loss to the rags at Maine rd when we were 2-0 up through Quinny. Kippax went from delerium to desolation.

Must admit that day was fuckin painfull,cant remember now but who did the suicidal backpass header for there 1st.....

Wasn't it Ian Brightwell like almost the first thing he did after coming on for Peter Reid?

Arthur '2 Sheds' Jackson said:
Just checked the agg result v Lincoln, 4-1 Sincil Bank.. 0-1 Maine Rd.. 5-1.. must've been keen in them days to turn up for the 2nd leg.. there must ave' been a reason why we went.. prob, the same reason why pensioners buy a day ticket on the bus, cheaper than puttin' the heatin' on at home.. we never worried about fixture congestion then either, or Cup Schemes, one admission fee would cover the lot.. Y'could safely book a holiday in May knowin' y'wouldn't miss anythin.. feel sorry for the 'new breed'.. imagine gettin married on C.L. Final day.. Doh !

that away game at lincoln was the worst ever for me.....if I remember, Uwe scored the opener then it was all down hill!!!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
The cookie monster said:
01MANC said:

Wasn't it Ian Brightwell like almost the first thing he did after coming on for Peter Reid?
Dont think it was brightwell,i do remember us singing 2-0 up & you fucked it up to them regarding them and a europeon match...and fuck me that came back to haunt us!

It was Vonky. Brightwell buggered it up in 1990... not like him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.