Your worst ever city moment?

My worst City experience was the last home game of the 88/89 season versus Bournemouth at Maine Road.

It was a beautiful sunny day and if City won they were promoted.

Paul Moulden scored after two minutes. "Tricky" Trevor Morley added a beauty then Moulden followed up to tap in a loose ball after a Hinchcliffe free kick.

The sun was shining, beachballs were being punted around the Kippax, there was a real party atmosphere - we were going up!

Unfortunately Bournemouth (and Ian Bishop in particular) had other ideas. City sat back in the second half allowing Bishop to take control. They scored twice and the party atmosphere evaporated. The game went of forever and, in the 95th minute, Hinchcliffe brought down old stager Luther Blisset in the area. He picked himself up and drove in the penalty to level the scores.

I had gone to every home game and about eight away games that season and was pretty obsessed by City at the time. It had been a season of great drama with incredible highs and lows and City seemed to have thrown it away in the most spectacular way imaginable.

Luckily the team had the character to grind out a result away at Bradford in the next game but the intervening week was awful.

Plenty.

Relegation against Liverpool, Steve Lomas and the corner flag time-wasting, my first ever proper depressing moment since i started going in 1994.

Boro away 8-1, even though at 5-0 i was dancing about with 5 blokes dressed as bananas as each goal went in.

Owen's injury time 4-3 goal in 2009 at OT.

Scholes last minute at The Etihad 1-0 defeat in 2010.

The lowest i've ever felt :

When Jamie Mackie scored the second for QPR in 2012 - stomach dropped, slouched into my seat. Didn't move, stared at the floor and didn't look up once. Didn't even move when Dzeko scored, turned out alright in the end but i wouldn't want to experience it again ;-)

For me it probably has to be watching Ricky Villa slalom through our defence in 1981 - especially after being subbed in the drawn game for doing sweet fuck-all.

There were low moments before that and definitely after that but that was the worst feeling ever. Mind you, Mackie's goal was close but I just knew then that the Cup was lost.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Ducado said:
Pleat in his farahs

This was the start of what seemed a 1 million mile tunnel in the pitch black which the club was forced to go down.

That day against Luton Town at home was the start of all the shit. My brother wept openly, I just remember getting as drunk as drunk can be, I was aged mid 20's my brother nearly 30.

We are now both of us enjoying the ride, simple as!!
It's etched in my memory, some part of me has never forgiven Luton for that day, and that memory of that buffoon dancing around.

Watching paul lake nearly die when he swallowed his tongue scared me as a child. The stadium was eerie while they fucked about trying to get someone to treat him.

Not a worst City moment in the sense of being bad, but was for me.

Cousins wedding day on derby day it was so couldn't watch the game.

Anyway after the wedding phoned me aunty see how we got on.

Me: Hi Aunty so how did we do then at the swamp?

Aunty: you won 6-1

Me "silence".............trying not to swear at me aunty, are you serious i ask?

Aunty: Yes you won 6-1

Yes i missed us demolishing U*d in their backyard.

Lancet Fluke said:
6one said:
City 1 - 2 QPR

That was very very bad. It is sometimes easy to forget just how bad that was but with 5 minutes left, I genuinely didn't know whether I would ever be able to face watching another football match. And I don't think I even felt like that when we were fucking about in the bottom half of the third flight.
Thats pretty much how I felt. My stomach was fucked, my mouth dry, already had a text off a rag mate taking the piss. I wasnt sure I could carry on facing life at that point let alone football

The one that instantly springs to mind is being 2-0 up to United and losing 3-2 in the early 90's. Being one of just a few blues in a school full of plastic United fans and Oldham fans, it wasn't easy going in.
'2 nil up then 3-2 down, oo arr'. I can still remember one particular **** winding me up with that. There are plenty of moments to comment on down the years, obviously, what with us being so devastatingly shit at times, but that one sticks in the mind.

The unveiling of the Umbro Stand to replace Platt Lane brought home just how fucked we were as a club at the time.
The change in Balti pies
Walking through the alleys on a night game to find my white Kios full of dog shit
Being bit by an alsation in Kippax car park after Luton
Colin the kings and Lakeys attempted comebacks
Moving to the new ground and realising how shit the boozers are round there
Our hick town, yonner neighbour clubs being better than us Cunty, Oldham, Bury, Utd etc
Swales
Moving from Moss Side to Beswick
Kendal fucking us off
Treatment of Roy Bailey
Not to mention the countless times I've felt totally deflated as a blue at games because of shit results, relegations, performances, false dawns etc
Thank fuck Sheik Mansoor is a blue!

Hearing about the financial trouble we were in with the good doctor and us having to fire sale our players. I thought typical City build our hopes up with the multi millionaire Thaksin takeover, the Sven appointment, all the quality players brought in and then realising we were fucked. How different it would be a month or so later. From highs to lows to highs.....its one big rollercoaster ride isn't it? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.