Your worst ever city moment?

After the game at Leeds in the mid seventies , 2-2 draw when Donachie equalised in the dying minutes ...... never seen so many hooligans hell bent on trouble in my life , a total nightmare.

Losing the '81 cup final replay against Tottenham.
I was 16 and at the time City were the only thing in my life. I can never forgive Tottenham for breaking my heart back then.
Things have got better and since we started to win things again I have mellowed a little. But I still cringe every time some publication features Villa's goal even today.
Even David Pleat in his brown suit jumping all over Maine Road is acceptable.
I still hate Tottenham for that even though one of their fans post regularly on here- sorry THFC!<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 pm --<br /><br />Losing the '81 cup final replay against Tottenham.
I was 16 and at the time City were the only thing in my life. I can never forgive Tottenham for breaking my heart back then.
Things have got better and since we started to win things again I have mellowed a little. But I still cringe every time some publication features Villa's goal even today.
Even David Pleat in his brown suit jumping all over Maine Road is acceptable.
I still hate Tottenham for that even though one of their fans post regularly on here- sorry THFC!

City 1 - 2 QPR

If 3-2 Aguero is the best moment, then at 2-1 it has to be the worst.

The title was gone, we'd messed it up and handed it to Utd, and it was all Lescott's fault.

The FA Cup final this year wasn't that bad. It didn't feel right from the moment the rumours were in the papers and debated on the radio. Then the chanting "stick pellegrini up arse" from stands. The game was awful. The fighting between women and teenage boys in the stands. The goal was coming, it was no surprise. And it was Wigan, not Utd.

6one said:
City 1 - 2 QPR

That was very very bad. It is sometimes easy to forget just how bad that was but with 5 minutes left, I genuinely didn't know whether I would ever be able to face watching another football match. And I don't think I even felt like that when we were fucking about in the bottom half of the third flight.

august 14 1998. we lsot 3-0 away at fulham and i feared our great club was heading out of existence. and we all remember how that season ended. god bless you dicky and nicky....

Ducado said:
Pleat in his farahs

This was the start of what seemed a 1 million mile tunnel in the pitch black which the club was forced to go down.

That day against Luton Town at home was the start of all the shit. My brother wept openly, I just remember getting as drunk as drunk can be, I was aged mid 20's my brother nearly 30.

We are now both of us enjoying the ride, simple as!!

mine was weirdly the 0-1 to Arsenal on Easter Sunday 2012 - I felt at that point so low that we'd totally blown all chances of winning the league.

I've followed City since 1977 and an used to disappointment but on that day - sobs of grief welled up from nowehere (I am female BTW), I was inconsolable .

I fell asleep through emotional exhaustion and had an hours snooze - when I woke up I decided to open the bottle of Moet ( a gift from my 50th birthday) that I'd been saving for when City won the league, and watched the Peter Kay - the tour that didn't tour tour DVD and ended up crying with laughter.

The rest they say is history and I celebrated with a bottle of Joseph Holt's finest champagne on that marvellous day in May....

As they say "The darkest hour is just before the dawn"

markbmcfc said:
Meant absolutely nothing but Middlesborough away losing 8-1 was pretty bad.

Not just because the whole country was baked in sunshine and is was fucking freezing in the smog.

One of those occasions that became comical and we cheered boro goals, whilst deep down thinking, wtf.

We also danced to Pigbag when they scored...on the way home a couple of Arsenal fans, they had won at Sunderland, bought me a tea at the services and said..."you'll be better next season" and patted me on the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.