Your worst ever city moment?

Oxford Away. Around 1984-ish. Can't recall the score or the match.... but will not forget the coach journey home. Courtesy of a dodgy pie at the Manor Ground I ended up having to hold in 'the shits' for hours until we got back to Manchester.
I hobbled up Piccadilly Station approach at about the same speed as Kolarov only to find I didn't possess the requisite 2p for the bogs near Platform 1 and after a mad-dash for some change, finally released my bum-gravy like it was a last minute title-winner.

armadillo495 said:
Oxford Away. Around 1984-ish. Can't recall the score or the match.... but will not forget the coach journey home. Courtesy of a dodgy pie at the Manor Ground I ended up having to hold in 'the shits' for hours until we got back to Manchester.
I hobbled up Piccadilly Station approach at about the same speed as Kolarov only to find I didn't possess the requisite 2p for the bogs near Platform 1 and after a mad-dash for some change, finally released my bum-gravy like it was a last minute title-winner.

And the whole of the Oxfordshire Police Force, in full riot gear, waiting for us outside......way OTT :0)

Being 2 nil up against united at half time at Maine road Quinny had got both we were strolling it. The second half was a nightmare 2:2 was bad enough but when Keane put the final nail in to make it 3:2 , in a wierd way even though I have gone through countless relegations and promotions and getting knocked out of cups by pub sides.
I think being there at that game was my lowest point.

BOMBER7967 said:
armadillo495 said:

And the whole of the Oxfordshire Police Force, in full riot gear, waiting for us outside......way OTT :0)

Oh yes I remember that. City fans had to walk down a path which they had lined with Police in riot gear, all stood at ease, ready to spring into action.

Too many to choose from , thats why we support city , the trophies are so much sweeter . If i had to choose one match it was Bournemouth at home in 1989 championship season , we were 3-0 up at half time and celebrating promotion , i was pissed up in the main stand and couldnt believe my eyes when we cocked it up and drew 3-3 ,( so we had to got to Bradford for the last game of the season and avoid defeat , thank you Trevor Morley , for ever in your debt) only city could take you from ecstasy to depression in 90 minutes of football.

sergiokun said:
Standing in Wembley in 99 crying my eyes out asking my dad can we leave. At the time it felt the worst moment following City even tough i was still young. My god was I glad my dad told me no matter how hard things are, you never leave a City game early!

(-:

My dad was saying similar things at the QPR game.

I just stood there at the top of Level 3, Row BB iirc and prayed.

Then THAT goal.

Walkbustaxi said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's shocking to me that anyone is quoting this year's cup final.

Losing a cup final is nothing when you are a club expected to win trophies every year.

A couple of pints and a sing song and it was gone, that one.
I know if this were a Dante's Circle of Worst City moments, for me this wouldn't make it.

Doesn't compare to Halifax

More recently the Arsenal game in 2012. Spent the journey home trying to decide which would be worst, united winning the league at our place, or arriving at our place already champions expecting a guard of honour

Walkbustaxi said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's shocking to me that anyone is quoting this year's cup final.

Losing a cup final is nothing when you are a club expected to win trophies every year.

A couple of pints and a sing song and it was gone, that one.
I know if this were a Dante's Circle of Worst City moments, for me this wouldn't make it.

Yeh, same goes for me too. I was royally pissed off on the day that we could have thrown away such an opportunity, but in terms of the general agony of supporting City for over 45 years, it was a mere bagatelle. The 9 minute spell between Rotund Robert scoring for Gillingham and Dicky Mint's equaliser, was far and away the most depressing period of my City supporting life, with only the 2nd half of the QPR game coming close.......bar the last 3 minutes of course :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.